This fun Blog Hop is the inspiration of Carol from “Just Let Me Quilt.” Have you been following it? Tons and Tons of Wild eye candy!
When Carol first announced this blog hop, I immediately KNEW exactly what I was going to do. A few of you may remember that I went to Africa in Sept., 2019. I bought some fabric there. You can read a little about my trip HERE.
And wonder, of wonders, I mostly followed through on my plan for this blog hop!
Here’s a picture of the fabric I bought when I was in Africa.
See the 2 fabrics on the left hand side of the picture? Those are the fabrics I used for my projects! My plan was to make the 16 placemats into placemats. I sandwiched the 2 fabrics together with Hobbs 80/20 and started quilting. BIG mistake!!!
The fabric shifted and the top 4 placemats did not have adequate backing fabric. What to do??? I quilted the remaining 12 placemats, using Aurifil invisible thread … and here they are:
I took the remaining 4 “placemats” and made them into 2 bags.
To me, this was an awesome way to memorialize our wonderful African trip, especially the safari!
Then I got to thinking about other “wild” quilts I have made. I went looking for 2 and found more …. Here they are:
Here are the rest of the Born to be Wild participants!
I was Featured
Jennifer from Inquiring Quilter featured this quilt on her blog:
Kelly from My Quilt Infatuation also featured the same quilt!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Finished or Not Friday & TGIFF @ Alycia Quilts
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More