I finished another UFO.
I used Island Batik “Lavender” for the sashings and border.
And here is the finished wall hanging. Yes, I did quilt it to death in the background, but I wanted the main elements to pop. I must admit, I thoroughly enjoyed quilting it!!!
I used 3 different Aurifil threads to quilt this: #2315 (light Orchid), #1148 (Light Jade), and #2220 (Light Salmon).
Hobbs 80/20 batting was also used.
Blog Hop Review
Did you see all the quilts from the Island Batik Quilt Modern Blog Hop?
During the Island Batik Quilt Modern Blog Hop, I posted a picture of my quilt using the “Napa Valley” fabric collection.
17 people that live in Canada were eligible for the draw. The Random Number Generator chose #11.
Irene H., I’ll be emailing you to arrange the shipping to your home.
#1 Bunny fat quarters. It’s called Bunny fat quarters because a couple of the fabrics in the fat quarter bundle have bunnies on them. There will be no obvious bunnies if one uses floral fabric!
I am still working on the pattern and am going to offer it as a mystery quilt on my blog … one day … I still need to write the pattern and have it tested.
#1 Speed Dating still needs a facing. “Story-less Improv.” This NEEDS to get done!!! I NEED to quit procrastinating!
#2 Follow your path Is sandwiched and ready for quilting … sorry I forgot to take a photo.
#3 Healthcare Heros quilt is sandwiched and waiting in line for quilting!
The Thailand hankies used a yard of fabric for the backing and the triangle hangers.
- Fabric Used this week 1 yard
- Fabric Used this year: 46 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 24 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 22 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – April– 120 / 120
- May: 23 / 23
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
Again, I did not focus on my “To Do” list … but a couple of things got done.
- Follow Your Own Path: work on next step √ done
- Thailand Batiks: Sandwich top √ done
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery:
Make backingbacked with purchased fabric √ done
- Speed Dating: Add facing not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Follow Your Own Path: finish quilting and bind
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Start quilting
- Red Scraps Tablerunner: Come up with a design
- Speed Dating: Add facing Gail: quit procrastinating!!!
- Bunny Fat Quarters: put quilt together and start writing the pattern
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
The Thailand Hankies brings my total of UFOs this year to 10!!! 2 more to go to meet my goal of 12. I should be able to do that! I think!
Now, which UFO should I work on next????
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting