How are you doing with your PHD in 2021?
I was reading a post from Bustle: “Ways To Get Things Done When You Don’t Wanna” The title certainly caught my eye! There were lots of tips on “How To.”
Here’s my comments on some of the points as it relates to me and quilting
- Think of the end goal. Remember that wonderful feeling when a quilt project is finished? It feels pretty good, right?
- Focus on what you can control. OK … so you might not be able to finish your project today, but you can sew a few seams, cut out some of the fabric … That’s doable, right?
- Start With The Most Loathed Bits First. You might as well get it out of the way and then the rest will be easy. (Well, this won’t work if binding is what you loath, but I’m sure you can find something!
- Work Out What You’re Afraid Of. Cut out the excuses and just get started.
- Bribe Yourself Shamelessly. I’m on a serious fabric diet, but maybe I could go shopping. At least I need thread, right?
- Do It For Just 10 Minutes. We can all work on a project for 10 minutes … set your timer if you need to!
Here’s my tally sheet. You’ll notice that I have 3 Island Batik Secret projects to work on. I actually had 4, but one is completed. These include writing patterns, organizing pattern testers and making the quilts. I’m going to be busy for the next while!
Link up and show us your PHD in 2021 Progress.
My Favourite Quilt this month!
Meadow Mist Designs hosts a link up for a Favourite Quilt each month. My favourite is from a new book “Scrappy Improv Quilting” by Kelly Young. You can read about it HERE. I will be teaching this quilt (and others) at Essem Textiles later this month. Contact Simina at Essem to book your spot!
This quilt used Island Batik fabrics, Aurifil thread and Hobbs batting!
My Scrappy Table Topper for September was 2 – both featuring orange … you can read about them HERE. October’s colour is Lime Green. Hmmm … wonder what I’ll make?
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE
Favourite Quilt of the Month @ Meadow Mist Designs
So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal