Both of these classes took place at Essem Textiles in Cloverdale. There are 2 more classes planned and others coming in the future. The Fat-Quarter Teddy Bear starts later this month (in 2 different sizes) and the 3D Pinwheels will be in April. The Teddy Bear class is almost full – but Essem will start a wait list for a 2nd class if there is enough interest! If you haven’t sewn at Essem – you are in for a delightful surprise. The classroom is fantastic, lots of plug-ins, great lighting and the hosts are the BEST!!!
Quilt-as-you-go Table Runner
I taught this class a few weeks ago … the participants were amazing and the table runners so diverse! It was pretty awesome … Here’s a peak at them – finished or in progress
Here is Kathy’s … all finished – including the binding!
And here’s Tina’s … the flowers and dragonflies are so pretty!
I haven’t received pictures from any of the other, but here they all are in progress. They are all so very different!
This is my Quilt-as-you-Go Table Runner. I finished it today and it’s my TGIFF for this week! I used fabrics from Island Batik’s Vintage Lace collection. You can read about the quilt that I made with this collection HERE. For the table runner I used the following fabrics:
- Center: Mini Floral Vine Fall
- Yellow: Mini Floral Vine Corn
- Green: Dots: Pineneedle
- Border & Binding: Medallion- Lace Fall
The center was quilted with Silly Moon’s “Drop” ruler.
Today’s Machine Binding Class
I taught the group a ton of tricks for binding quilts totally by machine. I think they enjoyed learning my radical techniques!
Here they are – hard at work. On the le
2 of the participants brought their Quilt-as-you-Go table runners to learn how to do those tricky angled corners and the regular 90 degree corners. How did I miss getting pictures of 2 of the projects? (Sorry, ladies!) As you can see, the bindings turned out fantastic! I’m super impressed with the 2 that did the straight line final attachment. It took me a LONG time before I ventured from decorative stitches! All of the ladies did a fantastic job!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- TGIFF @ Pieceful thoughts of my Quilting Life
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More