I’m hosting TGIFF this week … see the Linky party below ….
A long time ago, in my quilting studio, I had the opportunity to use the fantastic Island Batik collection “Jewel Carvings” by Kathy Engle. It was for a quilt for the Island Batik catalogue. You can check it out HERE – on p.99. I absolutely LOVED working with this collection. It is SEW pretty with the teals, greens and soft yellows and purples …
Here is the quilt I made using Island Batik’s solid black fabric for the background.
My friend, Amy, tested my pattern and made the quilt with a light background. This quilt used the exact same fabrics with “Milkshake” as the background.
Here’s the 2 quilts together … which one would you make?
You have an opportunity to win!
If you’re loving the fabrics in these quilts, Island Batik is giving away a fat-quarter bundle of Jewel Carvings and Nightshade! Both lucious collections! (But you better hurry, the offer ends on Friday night)
Follow the rafflecopter instructions below!
Join the Linky Party and show us your Friday Finish!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More