I have a finish to show you. I finished this quite a while ago, but couldn’t show you. It was the latest mystery quilt that the guild did! The pattern is from a book, but I re-wrote the instructions to use strip piecing. It makes it so much easier to construct the quilt. And because the original directions were from a “Mystery Quilt” book, I cannot share them with you! Sorry!
This quilt was made with fabrics from my stash. And I only put on the one border … the original directions called for 3 borders.
Here’s a close-up of the quilting … it sort-of looks like feathers, but in reality, it’s just an elongated swirl – way easier than feathers to do!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
Not many days of sewing this week.
- January – May: 119 / 150
- June 1 – 13: 9 / 12
- Total: 128 / 162
- Percentage = 79%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
The guild mystery quilt used 9.25 yards
- Fabric Used since the last report 9.25 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 52.25 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 6.25 yards
- Net Fabric used 43. yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from 3 weeks ago:
- Quilt Pop Star Quilt √ DONE (you’ll see this on the 15th!) access the steps at MMM Quilts HERE.
- Work on Here Comes the Sun Pop Star Quilt blog hop project √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Work on Here Comes the Sun Pop Star Quilt blog hop project
- Finish 2 quilts for an upcoming Island Batik Catalogue … I’ll show you once the catalogue is out.
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Here Comes the Sun project
2. Island Batik Catalogue quilts (2)
- Squirrel is sandwiched and I have a plan for the quilting!
2. Once the Island Batik Catalogue quilt tops are done – they need to be quilted.
Island Batik Blog Hop
Have you been following the latest Island Batik Blog Hop? With quilts featuring the New York Beauty pattern? It’s been quite a variety of wonderful quilts!
I posted mine on June 6 … you can read about it HERE.
Opportunity to win!
You can win a fat quarter bundle of Savannah or Santorini … both wonderful collections! Just follow the prompts in the Rafflecopper giveaway below:a Rafflecopter giveaway https://widget-prime.rafflecopter.com/launch.js
Some of my followers tell me that the Rafflecopter doesn’t work for them … if that’s you, go to Island Batik’s blog and enter there.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- This and That @ Days filled with Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal