Last month my husband and I made a quick trip to Edmonton to visit my sister. Of course, it included going to a few stores. We went to Lori’s Country Cottage where my sister picked out what she wanted to buy at their longest day of the year sale. And she also picked out fabric for the Flower Window Hanging Class that we did together. (The class was by Epida Studio and I highly recommend it!)
Then we went to Winfield, a small town SW of Edmonton. The quilting store is Country Stitches Quilting and Fabrics. They had a LOT of Island Batik fabrics and I bought the “flower” and “background” fabric that you see in my Flower Window Hanging. My sister fell in love with a panel and bought enough fabric to make a decent sized quilt. (See picture below!) I resisted and only bought the 2 Island Batik fabrics! And, since it’s IB fabric and already used, I’m not adding it to the stash report.
Here’s some pictures of the store! It’s packed with lots of fabrics, IB fabrics, panels and more! They also sell online.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
This week I’ve been doing more “unsewing” than sewing … but it still counts, right? And, I’ve been gallivanting around with my cousin, so that has cut into sewing time.
- January – June: 149 / 180
- July 1 – 5: 5 / 5
- Total: 154 / 185
- Percentage = 83%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
No shopping, no fabric added, no finishes …
- Fabric Used since the last report 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 53.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 11.75 yards
- Net Fabric used 41.75 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week:
- Mail Island Batik Catalogue quilts to California. √ DONE
- Work on 3 Yard Quilt √ DONE
- Quilt Squirrel Quilt not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish Island Batik Christmas in July quilt.
- Work on 3 Yard Quilt
- Quilt Squirrel Quilt
- Tidy up and organize my Island Batik fabric
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, host a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- 3 Yard Quilt. My cousin, Connie, kept talking about 3 yard quilts that her guild did. I looked at one of her patterns, cut it out and started sewing … Here are the fabrics I’m using (from my stash)
2. Summer Mystery Quilt: I will be hosting a mystery quilt here on the blog … I’m in the process of writing the pattern and sewing it. When it’s almost ready, I’ll announce the dates and all the details.
3. Island Batik Christmas in July quilt … I’m using an Accuquilt die and am loving how all of the pieces are cut perfectly!
- Squirrel is sandwiched and I have a plan for the quilting!
Upcoming Blog Hops
- UFO Blog Hop is hosted by Moose Stash Quilting
- See Ya Later, Alligator is hosted by Creatin’ in the Sticks
- Get on board with sewing is hosted by Melva Loves Scraps
- Queen of Gadgets is hosted by Just let me Quilt