This week I taught “Travel Posts” to 2 lovely talented quilters! Travel Posts is in the book Color Block Quilt Making by Elizabeth Chappell. It’s a great book and if you’re looking for quick and easy patterns – this book is for you! Essem may have this book in stock.
This is the quilt I made for the class sample. Simina helped pick out the fabrics: the coloured portions are grunge.
Anyhow, the class participants came very prepared and had their fabric all cut and labelled and were ready to roll! They finished the tops in class! Aren’t they great?
Here’s the 2nd one I did using Island Batik fabrics from the “Mystery Collection” and Island Batik solid grey.
It is quilted with Aurifil #2600 Dove Grey. I used the “Kite” ruler from Silly Moon and the swirls were free motioned.
Here’s a close-up of the quilting from the back and the front.
On Tuesday night, I did a trunk show for Boundary Bay Quilt Guild. I showed 39 various Island Batik projects that I have made in the past 4 years. I didn’t show everything since I’ve given a lot of quilts away and several are still up on walls.
Many thanks to Lynn & Deb for holding up the quilts, Liz for moving them to the side of the stage, and to Amy and Linda for spreading them out! (And helping to gather and fold them afterwards!)
Here’s a portion of the show:
Quilts that are in Island Batik’s Catalogues
I have patterns available for each of these quilts.
Various Challenge Quilts
And yes, I am available for “In Person” trunk shows in the lower mainland (or anywhere else if you want to pay transportation) or I also do Zoom trunk shows! I have also taught various classes via Zoom as well!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Muv / Free Motion Mavericks @ Lizzie Lenard Vintage Sewing
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese @ True Blue Quilts
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More
- TGIFF @ Storied Quilts