Patterns by Jen has hosted a Spicy BOM this year. November’s Spice is Cloves. The block on the left is November’s block – with alterations … The photo on the right is all of the blocks so far this year. You can get November’s block FREE – for the rest of the month … HERE. I’ve used scraps of Island Batik fabrics to make these blocks … that’s why some of the pieces are pieced together!
The Mystery Quilt has started!
This is a super simple mystery quilt! It is my own design. I designed it for the Boundary Bay Quilt Guild, but I’m going to be sharing it with YOU as well!
This quilt will finish at 43″ x 53″
There are 8 clues. They will all come out on Tuesdays, starting October 18.
- Oct 18: Clue #1: Fabric Requirements and Cutting HERE
- Oct 25: Clue #2 HERE
- Nov 1: Clue #3 HERE
- Nov 8: Clue #4 This Post
- Nov 15: Clue #5
- Nov 22: Clue #6
- Nov 29: Clue #7
- Dec 6: Clue #8
- Dec 13: Mystery Quilt Parade
I will be teaching several classes at Essem in November. You can register for them HERE. This week it will be learning to use an Easy Angle Ruler for perfect Half-Square Triangles and making a scrappy quilt.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
Lots of stitching in the past week!
- January – October: 258 / 303
- Nov: 20 /20
- Total: 278 / 324
- Percentage = 85%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
I finished the little zipper pouches for the Music Blog Hop. They used 1.5 yards of fabric. The travel post quilt used 1.5 yards as well.
But I did go shopping. A fabric store that is closing had wide back fabric for $10/m. I couldn’t resist! I bought 21 meters! That’s gonna hurt my numbers – but at that price, I just HAD to!
- Fabric Used since the last report 3 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 87.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 21 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 44.5 yards
- Net Fabric used: 43 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from several weeks ago:
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet)not DONE
- Make the project for the Music Blog Hop √ DONE
- Quilt the IB December project – √ DONE
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt – and fix all the mistakes! November done – mistakes not fixed
- Finish IB November project √ DONE – and blog post HERE.
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet)
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt – and fix all the mistakes!
- Make December Spicy BOM
- Web Spicy BOM
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Melodic Mystery Quilt: November clue is done … but I still haven’t fixed my previous mistakes. It’s not too late if you want to start this mystery … the clues are at Meadow Mist Designs.
- Spicy BOM: Dec block
- Spicy BOM: web all the blocks into a top
- UFO – wallet
None in progress
Upcoming Blog Hop
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Sew It – Show It: Shades of Blue (January)
Island Batik‘s December’s Lone Star Blog Hop
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal