My Finished Branches Table Runner
I taught the “Winter Branches” Table runner at Essem and I worked on my own table runner, but didn’t get it finished in class. But, it’s finished now! I used an Island Batik fabric from the Napa Valley collection along with Custard. There is Hobbs 80/20 on the inside and I quilted the straight lines with a walking foot and Aurifil #2311 (Muslin).
A UFO Finish
I finally finished this wallet! The outside is Cork and the inside is Island Batik fabric from the Napa Valley collection. The pattern is “The Necessary Clutch” by Emmaline Bags. For the twist clasp, the pattern said to follow manufacture’s directions. HUH!!! There were none!!! A friend of mine, Irene, told me to look at Spenser Ogg’s tutorial, How to Apply a Twist Lock. Spenser is brilliant. Her tutorial is great! This wallet would have been thrown in the trash if I hadn’t been able to do the twist lock. Thanks, Irene!!!
Now I can finally use this wallet! The cork on my current Necessary Clutch is falling apart. I’ve sprayed the new wallet’s cork with leather conditioner, so hopefully it will last longer than the first one. But really, 5 years isn’t too bad!
This is the wallet I made in 2018 … almost 5 years ago! And how it looks today. You can see how the cork is wearing at the edges and some of it is peeling off.
The Mystery Quilt is done!!!
This is a super simple mystery quilt! It is my own design. I designed it for the Boundary Bay Quilt Guild, but I’ve shared it with YOU as well!
The Parade is on Tuesday, Dec. 13, so be sure to come and see the wonderful quilts!
Here are 8 clues.
- Oct 18: Clue #1: Fabric Requirements and Cutting HERE
- Oct 25: Clue #2: HERE
- Nov 1: Clue #3 HERE
- Nov 8: Clue #4 HERE
- Nov 15: Clue #5 This Post
- Nov 22: Clue #6 HERE
- Nov 29: Clue #7 this post
- Dec 6: Clue #8. – HERE
- Dec 13: Mystery Quilt Parade
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
Lots of stitching in the past week!
- January – November: 288 / 333
- Dec: 11 / 11
- Total: 299 / 344
- Percentage = 86%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
- Back of Lone Star Quilt – 4 yards
- Back of Fall Mystery Quilt – 3.5 yards
- Back of Left-over from Lone Star 3.5 yards
- Back of Branches Table Runner – 1 yard
- Fabric Used since the last report 12 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 102.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 29.5 yards
- Net Fabric used: 73 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week:
- Finish my Winter Branches Table runner. √ DONE,
- Work on and Finish a UFO (a wallet). √ DONE,
- Work on Melodic Mystery Quilt finish fixing all the mistakes! √ DONE,
- Finish Clue #2 Chilhowie √ DONE
- Write blog post : Spicy BOM in progress
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Start colouring the Nutcracker
- Finish Clue #3 Chilhowie
- Write blog post : Spicy BOM
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Donna, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week.
- Chilhowie – Clue #3 in progress … and they are on my Prairie Spirit Alpaca/wool pressing mat!!! LOVE the mat!
Once I do some colouring with Inktense pencils, I’ll start quilting the Nutcracker. Here he is on my window for tracing.
Upcoming & Current Blog Hops
Island Batik‘s December’s Lone Star Blog Hop. Week #1 is done! What a fabulous collection of Lone Stars. Week #2’s schedule is below.
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Sew It – Show It: Shades of Blue (January)
Moose Stash Quilting: Sew It – Show It: Sweet on You (February)
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Sew and Tell @ Melva Loves Scraps
- Monday Musings @ Songbird Designs
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Monday This and That @ Days Filled With Joy
- To-Do Tuesday @ Texas Quilt Gal