I hope that everyone had a pleasant Christmas – if you celebrate! I know there were lots of changes in travel plans because of the weather across Canada and the USA. So, hopefully, you were able to celebrate with your loved ones!
A Dog Quilt
My daughter has been complaining that her beloved dog did not have a quilt of her own … so I decided I’d make one for Christmas for her. I went to my “dog” fabric bin and found this panel! Viola! A simple dog quilt. I quilted it with Silly Moon’s Cupid ruler. So fun to have hearts all over it! I think she loves her quilt!
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
Lots of stitching in the past week!
- January – November: 288 / 333
- Dec: 24 / 25
- Total: 324 / 358
- Percentage = 87%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash numbers. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks!
The dog’s quilt used 2.5 yards of fabric for the front, back and binding!
My goal each year is to have a net fabric of 100 yards used. I didn’t make it this year! But at least I used more than I bought!
- Fabric Used since the last report 2.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 112 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 33 yards
- Net Fabric used: 79 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is hosting “To Do” every week.
The To Do list from last week:
- Finish Clue #4 Chilhowie. √ DONE,
- Start Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM – Jan / Feb. √ DONE,
- Start colouring the Nutcracker not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Start Clue #5 Chilhowie
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM – Mar / Apr
- Re-do Nutcracker. … when I went to start colouring the Nutcracker, I realized that many of the black lines had run … well, duh, Helen said to use UNWASHED calico … and Batik has been washed a zillion times … so I need to re-trace it on some unwashed fabric!
- Work on Naturescape Lone Star
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
Judy, at Small Quilts and Doll Quilts, hosts a linky party for “What’s on your Design Wall” every week. Piecing:
- Classic Cars Colour Challenge BOM
- Chilhowie – Clue #5 When I went to start the block assembly, I realized that I had missed part of Clue #1 … so I’m currently catching up and finishing Clue #1!
- Naturescape Lone Star …. after making the Lone Star for the December Island Batik challenge, I fell in LOVE with Lone Stars!!! I just happened to have an Island Batik 2 1/2” strip pack of Naturescape with coordinating green and so I started sewing and cutting! Yes, there is a LOT of matching of seams … every. single. one. But the end result is great – even if I can’t sew at 100 miles an hour!
Nothing … I need to re-trace the Nutcracker before I can start colouring and then quilting!
Upcoming Blog Hops
Creatin’ in the Sticks: Sew It – Show It: Shades of Blue (January)
Moose Stash Quilting: Sew It – Show It: Sweet on You (February)
Plans for 2023
There are a few things I’m planning for 2023. More details in the coming weeks.
- PHD in 2023
- 2023 SAHRR
- 2023 Appliqué BOM (I bet this surprises a LOT of people!)
- Winter 2023 Mystery Quilt