Oh! I’m so happy! I have another UFO finished. Quilted, label and bound! Woohoo!!! Here is a picture from the front and one of the quilting from the back!!! The pattern is Ivan’s Diamonds. Other quilts by the same pattern can be found Here and Here.
This leaves me with 2, yes, only TWO UFOs to complete before the end of the year and PHD in 2018 will be mine!!!!
Good Fortune Mystery … by Bonnie Hunter
I still haven’t decided what colours I’m going to use. I need to decide pretty soon!
You can find the Introduction and all the Clues at this webpage.
I belong to the Boundary Bay Quilt Guild and we have a show coming up in May. Yes, I will be entering quilts. It’s not a juried show – so there isn’t a lot of pressure to have perfect quilts! I will be entering some quilts, but I have no idea which ones – yet. There are a few challenges that I signed up for … so there will be some secret quilts happening in the new year. (Yes, I’ll show you the quilts after the show).
I know that I might be extending myself, signing up for these challenges, but when FUN is included – I couldn’t help myself. Here’s a list of the challenges:
- Baby Quilt “Welcome to the Zoo.” I have a few ideas for this, but they are still WHIMMs (Works Hidden In My Mind)
- Guild Challenge: A small quilt based on a Beatle’s Song … there’s a lot of Beatles’ music playing around here. Trying to get inspiration …
- Whisper Challenge: You sign up for this and the organizers put you in secret teams of 4. You are not told who is on your team. The first person completes a quilt for the January meeting and hands it over to the organizers. The 2nd person gets to look at the quilt for 5 minutes (no picture taking) and needs to make a quilt as close to the one they saw and hand it in at February meeting. Then the 3rd person looks at the quilt handed in at the February meeting and makes one for March. The 4th looks at the March quilt and hands it in in April. The 4 quilts will be displayed at the show. A friend talked me into this … why oh why did I agree to it?
I know that I don’t post about all the books I read … I’d need a separate blog for that. But one book that I just finished reading is pretty cool. The Forgotten Seamstress by Liz Trenow. I’m not going to tell you much about it, but it does have a quilt in the story … and if you read to the end, there is a link to a free pattern. And there is a bit of a mystery as well. It’s a book that most quilters may enjoy!
- WIPs on Wednesday @ Esther Quilt Blog
- Let’s Bee Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- TGIFF @ Slice of Pi Quilts