This “Irish Snails” quilt was a kit … I’m not sure I like buying kits … I loved the sea-shell fabric – that’s what sold me on this kit. However, there was not enough brown in the kit to make the pattern with the borders as instructed. Luckily, I was able to get the exact brown fabric locally. The pattern is by Peggy Gelbrich of Yellow House Quilter and is available HERE. It’s an easy pattern to follow!
Anyhow, this quilt is in the process of being quilted.
Summary: TWO UFOs to complete! One (picture above) is being quilted! Another is ready to sandwich! All projects started in 2018 are finished! PHD in 2018 is looking like a reality for me!
Good Fortune: Bonnie Hunter Mystery
This is the start of my first clue … As you can see, I used teal instead of red.
I’m not sure what my other colours will be. But I’m thinking a dark blue or navy for the “blue” … pink for the orange and mauve or grey for the green or mauve for the green and grey for the orange. Confused? Maybe! I am certainly undecided! Hmmm … I don’t need to make any decisions yet …
Bonnie’s Monday Linkup for Clue 1 is HERE.
What is it with me buying fabric so late in the year? I have done sew well (if I do say so myself!) On Friday, I was sewing with some friends and one mentioned that Castles Sewing Centre had a Black Friday sale. “Not interested,” was my immediate reply. Then she explained that they had both flannel and cotton 110″ wide backings on sale for a really good price. That caught my interest! I went and bought 3 backs and one for my friend. Then on Saturday, the sale was still on, and my hubby wanted to see what else they had … He bought 4 backings! OH YES … next year, he is getting his own stash report!
Ivan’s Diamonds (shown on the left) used 10.5 yards
- Fabric Used this week: 10.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 263.1 yards
- Fabric Added this Week: 21 (12 of it was my husbands!)
- Fabric Added this Year: 109.3 yards
- Net Fabric Used for 2018: 153.8 yards
- Caroline @ SewCanShe
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River