Our guild’s quilt show was this weekend. I know I’m biased, but I think it was an excellent show!
I know that I missed taking pictures of some of the quilts! And, even on the last day, I saw quilts I had not seen before!
The video below shows many of the quilts in the show. When I downloaded the video to Youtube, it was blocked because I used copywrited songs by the Beatles. One of the challenges was “Quilts inspired by a Beatles’ Song” … live and learn …You can’t use copywrited songs! dang! But, I found some other music …
The beginning of the video contains all sorts of a variety of quilts. Then, they are sorted into various categories:
- Baby Quilts for Donation
- Baby Quilt Challenge: Welcome to the Zoo
- Challenge: Quilts inspired by a Beatles Song
- Comfort Quilts (donated to a local hospital for patients with cancer)
- Quilts of Valour (for x-military)
- Round Robin Quilts: Each person in the group made a centre block. This block was given to the next person who then added a border and then another person added a border, and on and on …
- Featured Quilter: Doreen Douglas: Oh my what a wonderful variety of quilts … when you see the heron that is thread painted, it is reversible … amazing!
Grab a cup of tea (or coffee) and enjoy the show!
I have this weeks blocks done! I was easy to do … just join the blocks together in a big 9 patch and voila! done! And … I need to patiently wait for 2 more weeks for the next step for this mystery quilt! So far, I’m liking it!
I just finished the Daisy Chain blocks and there’s nothing new under my needle … yet. But I have plans to start cutting …
It’s a secret and you’ll just have to wait to see it!
|*||Fabric Used this week:||0||yards|
|*||Fabric Used this year:||75.15||yards|
|*||Fabric Bought this Week:||3||yards|
|*||Fabric Added this Year:||57.05||yards|
|*||Net Fabric Used for 2019:||18.1||yards|
Lots and Lots of stitchin’ time this week.
- January – Mar: 65 out of 79
- April – 27 out of 30
- May – 5 out of 5
- Year-to-date: 97 out of 113 = 85%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
My chart has changed a little … I finished my Christmas RAPPing project … it’s a secret for now, but come back on May 8 and see what I made! Check HERE for all the blog hop posts. There is an amazing amount of work done!
And, I’ve also started my May Island Batik project “Make it Modern” and my July project “Aurifil Artsy Fartsy” challenge.
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts