This is my 6th UFO to be finished this year!!! YEAH!!! It was started in 2016 and I worked on it at retreats … slowly! It is a Judy Neimeyer pattern available HERE. It is a paper pieced pattern, but I made it without sewing on the papers. It is my 4th quilt from this pattern and I have a lot more papers left to make more, if I so desire. I find that is is a great quilt to use a batik jelly roll in. This used a jelly roll that I bought at Hamels Fabrics YEARS ago. Most likely when they were vending at a local quilt show. It’s hard for me to resist blue!!!
Then, I added some blues from my stash so that I could make a bigger quilt. It is quilted – on my domestic machine – with a feather wreath in each block and a meandering feather on the border.
- Finished size: 60″ x 77″
- Batting: Hobbs 80/20
- Quilting Thread: CanSew: grey
This quilt already has a destination – so please don’t email me asking for it!!
Upcoming Baby Quilt Marathon!
When I mentioned that I had 3 baby quilts that are destined for the quilt quild charity and that I had started 2 new baby quilts for the same charity … a couple of viewers wisely suggested that I host a Baby Quilt Marathon.
YES!!! What a fantastic idea!!!
SEW … probably in early July, I will have a marathon … you can work on your own baby quilts. Obviously, I don’t care if it’s for a charity or not! And if you choose to work on a non-baby quilt – that will be up to you. At any rate – it will be a marathon.
How long will the marathon last? I haven’t any idea! Do you have any suggestions?
Hopefully, I can figure out a linky party and you can all share your progress!
Piecing & Quilting
I know you hate it when I can’t show you what I’m working on … but one will be blogged about on July 1. It’s a Quilt of Valour quilt, using Island Batik fabrics and it is LOVELY … in my humble (or not so humble opinion!)
The Fractured paint box used 12.7 yards of fabric! I did go shopping this past week, to a store that was closing it’s doors and all I bought was thread!
- Fabric Used this week 12.7 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 97.6 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 57.05
- Net Fabric used 40.65
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – May: 122 out of 140
- June – 15 out of 16
- Year-to-date: 137 out of 156= 88%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts