Here’s the report from Participants:
Kate @ Life in Pieces talks about her mid-year goals and what she’s accomplished … her biggest challenge will be finishing up all the new starts before the end of the year. Kate: You still have just under 6 months to get them done! 🙂
Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland started and finished a quilt in June – woohoo! It didn’t get added to the UFO pile!
Emily @ The Darling Dogwood has been super busy. She’s been making extra Island Batik projects (a drees & a Quilt of Valour) as well as mending a quilt that was around when she was a wee little thing!
Deana @ Dream Worthy Quilts has a goal tracker on the right side bar which hasn’t been updated.
Elizabeth @ Applique and … has goals planned for July … but I’m not sure how she is doing on the UFO front!
Sharon @ Adventures in Fiber has not posted any quilty posts.
My Report is below.
Quilts of Valour
Did you visit all the blogs on the blog hop. Well, if you want to see them, all in one place, and have an opportunity to win the wonderful Island Batik Freedom fabric, visit Dizzy Quilter and see them all!
We are to the half-way mark of the days in this marathon. How are you doing? There is a link-up below if you want to share your progress.
Here’s how I’ve been doing:
- Day 1 1 hour – pieced batting
- Day 2 4 hours – finished sewing one quilt together, borders on 3, sandwhiched 3
- Day 3 1 hour – border on 1 quilt, sandwhiched 1 quilt
- Day 4 1 hour – Webbed quilt #5 and sewed together
- Day 5 1 hour – borders and sandwiched #5
- Day 6 2.5 hours – quilted 3 quilts
- Day 7 3.5 hours – quilted 2 quilts, trimmed 5 quilts, cut binding
- TOTAL TIME: 14 hours
YEAH!!! I’m over the half way mark for this marathon … At the moment, I’m guessing that I will have several hours left and will have to find some more baby quilts to finish! Not a problem … I can think of at least 3 that are in progress and that’s not even counting the panels!
Just adding borders on the baby quilts and soon, I will be piecing the bindings and adding them to the quilts.
I’ve been quilting 5 baby quilts … no picture, but I’ll show you when they are done!
The baby quilts are not finished yet. They are a mixture of my own fabric and fabric from the guild. Once they are done, I’ll figure out how much of my fabric was used!
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 101.6 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 57.05
- Net Fabric used 44.65
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – May: 149 out of 170
- July – 7 out of 7
- Year-to-date: 156 out of 177 = 91%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
You can link up your starting Marathon, your progress or your half-way mark. You do not need a blog to enter – you can post a picture.