An Old Favourite, just made different!
I posted a little about this quilt yesterday. You can read about it HERE.
I love this quilt! It uses Island Batik’s “Quiet Shades” and their solid white batik. Wonderful fabrics to work with! The batting is Hobbs 80/20 and it’s quilted with Aurifil thread #2000. It’s another version of my popular quilt “Ivan’s Diamonds” or “Scrappy Pink.”
Here’s another version that Barb made when we were at a retreat. It’s almost the same as the above quilt, just substituting solid white blocks in the corners. Quite effective, eh? I love how the different fabrics make the quilt look SEW different!
These were made by me:
These were made by participants in a class I taught. Lots of variations and different looks with different fabrics!
Need to sandwich Smith Mountain Morning.
I used flannel from my stash to back this quilt. It’s nice and cuddly!
- Fabric Used this week 3.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 155.85 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 68.05
- Net Fabric used 91.8
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – Oct: 236 out of 262
- Nov. – 22 out of 24
- Year-to-date: 258 out of 287 = 90%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I only have 2 little baby quilts to finish for 2019 (from my starts in 2019) and ONE UFO to finish … I think I might make my PHD in 2019! (And yes, if you look closely, I have finished my Island Batik projects for December!)
I like to make lists at the beginning of the week, but I’ll still link up to Roseanne & Sue’s Home Sewn by Us on Tuesday.
Last week’s list:
- Quilt Secret Project #2 (Nov IB challenge) – √ done and blogged
- Prep 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – 43 – 44 √ done
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 34-35 √ done
- Smith Mountain Morning – Web together – add borders √ done
This week’s list:
- Sandwich Smith Mountain Morning
- Prep 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 45 – 46
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 36-37
- Finish 2 baby quilts (squirrels)
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!