There’s a LOT happening in my studio … but most of it I can’t show you yet.
This month is an “Inspired by Nature” Blog Hop with Island Batik. That project is now sandwiched and needs quilting. This Blog Hop promises to be another amazing one! Everyone is making a project “Inspired by Nature” and is using awesome fabric that will be available in stores later this month!
Of the other secret projects:
- Secret Project #1 is done.
- Secret Project #2 is being quilted
- Secret Project #3 is ready to begin …
Scrappy 4 Patches: I have a bunch of 4 patches … these were started from a charm pack at some unknown date in the past. I found them when going through my stash. They were tied up with 2 semi-coordinating fabrics and I don’t know what my plan was or is …
Do I make another bag similar to THIS one, only with smaller squares?
Or do I make some snap bags like Quilt Schmitt did? See HERE. It’s a great idea, but it would involve the seam ripper … so it’s not going to happen this time!
Or do I alternate the blocks with a solid beige fabric and make a small quilt?
As I was laying these blocks out on the beige fabric, it was very clear that my decision was being made for me. I will go with alternating blocks and make a small quilt. Now … for another decision … Will the blocks be straight or on point?
All the secrets …
The charming bag used 2.5 yards of fabric and there was no shopping.
- Fabric Used this week 2.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 279.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 50.5 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 249.5 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 11.5 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year).
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
- January – Sept: 290 / 304
- 30 min days/ Nov: 1 / 1
- Total days in 2020: 291 /304
- Percentage = 95%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- IB November: Sandwich √ done
- Work on Secret projects √ done #1 finished
- Finish Charming Bag √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes. √ done
This week’s list:
- IB November: Quilt and Bind
- Work on Secret projects: Finish #2
- Work on UFO (Scrappy 4 patches)
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes.
Favourite Finish for October
Cheryl, from Meadow Mist Designs, host a linky party each month with our favourite finishes of the month.
I’m very much in LOVE with my elephant quilt and this is my favourite finish. To read more about this quilt see HERE.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts