Did any of you see this article from CBC Marketplace about masks? Click HERE.
After reading this article, I asked Island Batik what the thread count is for their fabric. Here’s what Elizabeth Phillips (Marketing and Graphic Design) said, “Our greige goods are the highest quality we can purchase. The thread counts are stated a little differently when buying the prepared for dyeing cotton but It’s a little higher than 600.”
So there you have it! If you’ve been making masks with Island Batik fabrics … you’ve been doing the best you can.
And yes, I’ve made masks with Island Batik fabric … here’s a picture of my purse with the matching masks!
Scrappy 4 patches: The setting triangles are added as well as the first border. I need to dig out some fabric and audition it for the 2nd border. This needs to be bigger. At the moment, it’s 38″ x 44″ … if I add a 4″ border, that will make it 46″ x 52″. I’ll be happier with that size!
About the secrets … Secret #1 & #2 are done … #3 is almost finished. Then I’ll add the hanging sleeves (with a blind hem and invisible thread) to #2 and #3.
No finished projects, no shopping …
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 279.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 50.5 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 229.0 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 11.5 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year).
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
- January – Sept: 290 / 304
- 30 min days/ Nov: 15 / 15
- Total days in 2020: 305 / 318
- Percentage = 95%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Well, I got the priority quilting done: IB November will be showcased on Tuesday as part of Island Batik’s “Inspired by Nature” Blog Hop. I was privileged to work with a fantastic fabric collection! Come back on Tuesday to see the quilt!
Last week’s list:
- IB November: Quilt and Bind √ done
- Work on Secret projects: Finish #3 not done
- Work on UFO (Scrappy 4 patches) (to flimsy stage) not done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes. √ done
This week’s list:
- Secret project #3 : finish quilting, bind and photos
- Work on UFO (Scrappy 4 patches) (to flimsy stage)
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes. √
No UFOs finished. One Start in 2020 finished.
I did add the remaining UFOs to my list … just so that you KNOW I have more! (grin)
Inspired by Nature Blog Hop
Click HERE to see this week’s awesome Ambassador quilts!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!