I’ve been busy in the studio!!! Not a day goes by that I’m not working on something!
#1 House Wall hanging. I started working on a UFO. It was a little kit in a bag: A cute little house wall hanging. I must admit, that when I opened the bag, I was a bit disappointed with the “green” house colour. See the pale, olivy grunge … well it didn’t do anything for me. I substituted the darker green in the picture on the right. Much better, I think! Unfortunately, I do not remember where I bought this kit.
#2 June Island Batik Challenge: is in progress and being used as my leaders and enders. (Sorry no pictures).
#3 A&A’s Quilt: I’m still waiting on the final decision on what to do with the blocks. There is no progress since last week.
Speed Dating is now quilted. Need to put a facing on it and call it “done.” When taking this Improv class, Krista suggested that we have a story to tell with the quilt. I did not have a story. I still don’t have a story. Several of you had some fantastic suggestions, but none of them resonated with me. So this quilt is officially titles, “Story-less Improv.”
May Island Batik challenge is ready for quilting! (Sorry no pictures …)
No finishes, no stash used.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 35 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 26 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – March – 80 / 80
- April – 11 / 11
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
I ‘ve been busy, but I didn’t focus on my TO DO list … so not everything got done!
- Finish making blocks for A&A’s quilt Not done … currently no direction on how many to make!
- Sandwich Healthcare Hero’s Mystery (this is for the guild …) Not done
- Speed Dating: Add Borders and Sandwich √ done and even quilted!
- Finish blocks for May Island Batik challenge √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- House Wall Hanging: finish putting together
- Healthcare Hero’s Mystery: Make backing
- Speed Dating: Add facing
- May Island Batik: sandwich and start quilting
- A & A’s quilt: Make extra blocks if decision has been made!
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
What’s coming up on the blog in April and May?
April’s colour has been announced! Drum roll … light blue … oh, my favourite!!! What will I be making? I’m not sure yet! But you can bet that I’ll enjoy making it in my favourite colours!
In April, there’s the “In the Kitchen” blog hop happening!! My project is done! I just need to take pictures and write the blog post. My day is April 22 … next Thursday!
In May, there is my Island Batik challenge. It needs quilting and it’ll be a fun one to quilt.
I’m also looking forward to the “Born to be Wild” blog hop!! It should be fun!