Are you following along with the Summer Mystery Quilt? You can see the latest clue HERE.
#1. Country Panels: No work on it this week!
#2 It’s A Secret: you’ll see it in October! (And yes, I HAD to start something NEW to give myself a break!)
#1 Amish panels: I finished the quilting and when I went to put the binding on I discovered that the rows of swirls in the border were HORRID!!! So bad that I’ve spent more than a couple of days taking it out. That’s why it’s not finished, the quilt above isn’t finished piecing.
Quilting #2: Island Batik August is ready to quilt – but I have to fix the other one first!!!
I didn’t need any more fabric this week and I only finished my Island Batik project which used 1 yard of fabric for the backing.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 70 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 27.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 42.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes all days this past week. And, I’m including “unsewing” as part of my 30 minutes / day!
- January – May– 180 / 180
- July – 18 / 18
- Percentage = 99 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
This week it was hard to get everything done. Like most people, I highly dislike unsewing. OK … if I’m honest, I HATE it!!! Its taken me ages to get all the horrid quilting out … and I’m not finished yet! GROAN!!!. I do have a personal policy of taking out the mistakes before quitting for the day … but more than a couple of days of unsewing is discouraging! It’s OK … it’s almost all done … and then I can start moving forward again!
- Add sashing to Country Panels: not done
- Finish IB August top √ done
- Finish quilting Amish Panel not done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! sort-of …
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Add sashing to Country Panels
- Fix Amish Panel , finish quilting, bind
- Start quilting IB August
- Finish Secret project (listed at KY book in my UFO tally)
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits