Here’s what’s happening in the studio …
This week I posted my final Island Batik challenge for 2021. It’s been a fantastic year! I will soon have a blog post that will show all of the projects I’ve made with wonderful Island Batik fabrics! You can read more about this finish HERE. It was pieced and quilted with Aurifil thread and Hobbs batting was used.
#1 Scrappy Improv Quilting …
Absolutely NO change from the last month! None at all! Even though I analyzed why it wasn’t getting done – I still haven’t worked on it! I need to get it finished in order to achieve my PHD in 2021!
#2 A&A’s Quilt: This quilt which was started in Mar. is getting pieced into a top. I was suppose to get some direction on how they wanted it pieced, but no direction came, so I decided to do my own thing. … I’m looking forward to quilting some of the negative space …
Amy and I had another “Playing with Rulers” day at Essem Textiles. I was working on my Guild’s fall mystery quilt. I struggled the whole time. First, I did not have my slip slidey thing for my machine, then I realized that my quilting gloves no longer had any grip on them … If we have more “Playing with Rulers” days, I will definitely choose a smaller project! And I will have my slip slidey thing and some good gloves! In spite of my challenges, it was a fun couple of days!! It is so rewarding to see quilters become comfortable with ruler quilting!!! If you live in the area and would like to join us for a “Playing with Rulers” session – let Simina or Rajan at Essem Textiles know. They will put you on a waiting list.
No finishes that used fabric from my stash.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 101.75 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 50. 75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 51 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
- January – Nov – 324 / 333
- Dec – 12 / 12
- Total: 336 / 344
- Percentage = 97 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is now hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
The To Do list from 2 weeks ago:
- Finish Quilting Island Batik Secret #4 √ DONE
- Work on December’s Island Batik project. √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! Got inspired to make a tree skirt √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Get A&As quilt sandwiched
- Finish Scrappy Improv top
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
OK … I’ve got 3 projects to finish before the end of the year. I think I can get them done! I hope I can get them done.