A few days ago, a couple of cousins on my mom’s side came to visit. It was a fantastic visit as I had not seen either of them for at least 50 years! Anyhow … one of them quilts, and when she saw my very
messy creative sewing room, she asked how many projects I had going at one time. Just off the cuff, I said, “5.” Um … well, I didn’t really take a good look at what I had actively going in the room … and of course, it’s the reason for the MESS CREATIVITY.
- Quilt as you go table runner, started eons ago (it’s not even on my UFO list). But I had shorted myself of backing on one end and batting on the other. It needed a repair to call it done.
- Sudoko quilt … needs to be sandwiched (it’s on my UFO list).
- Secret quilt … on the 2018 start – needs to finish this year list. These grey strips are going to be in it …
- Sea-shell quilt … am working on the pieced border
- Little squares bag … a friend was a quilt market in Portland and gave me this sweet little mini-charm pack … another project on the 2018 start list.
- Flannel squares that will eventually become a donation quilt … all organized and ready to sew into rows … it’s on the UFO list.
- This half-hexi quilt that is sandwiched, but waiting for me to digitize the quilting pattern for it …
- The Fireburst mystery
- Giraffe quilt – also waiting for a digitized quilting pattern (a giraffe)
And that didn’t even touch on the UFOs that have not seem the light of day for many many moons!
However, writing out this list makes me realize that I really don’t have much of a focus right now … I need to concentrate on getting this list of 9 done, done, done … Well, all but the Fireburst mystery has the potential to be done in the near future. On second thought, I’m just learning digitizing, so the half-hexi and giraffe quilts may not get done soon. That leaves me with 6 projects to focus on …
Sandwich Marathon #2 Reveal
On my last blog post, Jennifer from The Inquiring Quilter said that she would like to see this pile of sandwiched quilts unfolded. So here they are, from top to bottom. along with the corresponding link if you want to read more about each of them.
Square Dance Quilt (a mystery from My Carolina Home)
OK … I see that my “Starts in 2018” is incomplete, I haven’t added in the newest little project with the mini-charm pack.
Oh wow!!! I was featured on Wait Loss Wednesday!
What an honour!
There are no finishes this week, but I did buy 7 yards of fabric for backing …
- Fabric Used this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 199.6 yards
- Fabric Added this Week: 7 yards
- Fabric Added this Year: 56 yards
- Net Fabric Used for 2018: 143.6
Check out what others in the quilting world are doing.
- Caroline @ SewCanShe
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @Em’s Scrapbag
- Linky Tuesday @ Free Motion by the River
- Wait Loss Wednesday @ Inquiring Quilter
- Lets Be Social @ Sew Fresh Quilts