These are the 3 baby quilts that were started this fall. They were all donated to the guild. And they were fun to do. The one in the middle and the one on the right had flannel on both sides. I learned that it is difficult to FMQ a 2-sided flannel quilt. When I tackled the pink one, I just did straight lines with my walking foot. The quilt didn’t stretch as much and it was way easier to do! The one on the left had quilting cotton on the top with flannel on the back. It was very easy to free-motion quilt the wavy lines.
YES!!! I have completed my PHD in 2019!!!!
13 UFOs were completed … including 2 Bonnie Hunter quilts.
31 New Starts in 2019 were also completed! WooHoo!
The UFOs …
The 2019 Starts
There is still one I can’t show you and I think I might have missed some zipper bags. I didn’t include the Island Batik projects. You can see them HERE.
If you want to decrease your UFOs … and not make your UFO list any bigger, Join me for your PHD in 2020! Check out this blog post for details … and scroll WAY down for the linky party so that you can join in!
Frolic: Bonnie Hunter’s Mystery … Part 4 is done …. waiting for Part 5. I deviated from Bonnie’s colours … I used a constant grey instead of a mix of light aqua. If you want to join in the mystery … the links can be found HERE.
And, yes, I’m pretty pleased that I have completed each part before the next one arrives!
52 Blocks in 52 weeks I haven’t done the latest block, but I did add sashing and cornerstones to the blocks that will be in the quilt. 2 blocks did not make the cut because of the fabrics I used … they screamed at me … so they are being left behind.
I know that I only have 3 spots left and that I have 4 blocks left to do … However, there are a few extra blocks that were 2 colour and I made extras – so some of them may be removed. And, no, the blocks are NOT in the position they will be in the quilt … they are just stuck up on the design wall for now.
Nothing, absolutely nothing is being quilted at this time.
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Prep 1 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 49 XXX not done
- Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 40 – 49 Well I did up to week 48 and added sashing – so, I’m going to call that √ done
- Tidy sewing room
- put away fabric from Smith Mountain Morning √ done
- tidy up the messy bins XXX not done
This week’s list:
- Prep and Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 49 & 50
- Maybe … work on one of the newly found UFOs … it’s Christmas and time with family will be more important than sewing this week!
- Spend 30 minutes tidying up my messy bins.
The 3 baby quilts used my own fabric for the front and binding. The backing was from the guild. In total, I used 4.5 yards of fabric.
- Fabric Used this week 4.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 178.85 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 70.05
- Net Fabric used 108.8
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – Nov: 258 out of 292
- Dec: 21 out of 22
- Year-to-date: 272 out of 307 = 89%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays@ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash@ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap@ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making@ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday@ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday@ Clever Chameleon Quilting