I finally finished my “52 Blocks in 52 Weeks.” The quilt blocks were released weekly by Canadian Quilter’s Association designed by Jackie White. Each block is unique and finishes at 6 ½” square. Or should I say, each block is suppose to finish at 6 ½” square? Most of mine did and I fudged with the rest. I did not trim down any blocks.
Every single piece of fabric came from my stash. This was a picture of the bag of scraps that I dug into for each of the blocks … along with a constant light that I’d had for years.
Here are pictures of portions of the quilt throughout the past year:
The sashing and cornerstones and the backing were all from stash as well. The backing was left over from backing another quilt and with some creative piecing – it became large enough!
My husband loves this quilt and when I suggested going to Campbell Valley for a photo shoot, he was all over it! And, then, he figured we needed some beach shots as well, so we went to Crescent Beach. We were forest bathing in the filtered sunshine, but it had gotten cloudy by the time we made it to the beach.
Graffiti quilting seamed very appropriate for a quilt with over 52 different blocks! I used Hobbs 80/20 batting and the quilt was quilted with a CanSew grey thread. The following pictures show some of the quilting, with the glorious crinkle / after washing look:
Dust Off a Quilt Book Blog Hop
Have you been following along with this blog hop? My day was on Monday and you can read about it and the struggles I had HERE. I made placemats. Each of the following links will take you directly to the blog hop post … no searching around for it! (Except for the March 6 blogs – they haven’t been posted at the time this post is being published).
This Blog Hop is hosted by Bea of Beaquilter. Make sure that you visit her blog … there are opportunities to win patterns, a book, batting sampler pack and a jelly roll.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication
- Wednesday Wait Loss @ Inquiring Quilter
- Happy Needle and Thread @ My Quilt Infatuation
- Andrée / Free Motion Mavericks @ Quilting & Learning – What a combo!
- Put your Foot Down @ For the Love of Geese
- TGIFF @ saroy
- Can I get a Whoop Whoop? @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
- Finished or Not Friday @ Alycia Quilts
- Sherry @ Powered by Quilting
- Michelle @ From Bolt to Beauty
- Off the Wall Friday @ Creations – Quilts, Art, Whatever
- Peacock Party @ Wendy’s Quilts and More