Yesterday, when my blog failed to post, I did a quick re-write, but, I didn’t add in all of the extra things that I usually post on Sunday or Monday … so I’m doing that today!
First up: The winners of Faded Blue Jeans fabric
People were instructed to leave comments, answering questions on the blog (their comments remain private). You can see the original post HERE. I actually had 2 contests going, one for someone in Canada or the US and the other for someone in my quilt guild (This was announced on the guild FB page and also at the guild.)
There were 15 comments from the guild. I had my husband read all of the submissions and without knowing who submitted them, he chose Fran Ashton. She absolutely LOVES blue jeans … anyone that has a personalized plate that is “BLU JNS” … has to be crazy about blue jeans. Congratulations Fran, you will get the fabric at our next BBQG meeting!
After reading the submissions from the guild, he refused to read all of the other submissions. I don’t blame him … there were 44 people (not from the guild) who left appropriate comments. I used a random number generator and #32 was chosen.
The winner of #32 is Melody Lutz! Congratulations Melody! Your package will be in the mail soon!
Circles has all 3 borders on it and is now waiting to be sandwiched.
Frolic: All the rows are joined and trimming is the next step.
Florabunda: This is a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville.com You can access the pattern HERE. This is being used as a “Leader & Ender” project and one block was completed in the last week.
March Island Batik Challenge: is mostly pieced, needs borders and sandwiching
52 blocks in 52 weeks: the quilting is almost finished. Almost there!
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
I did finish my Island Batik Log Cabin … it was my priority … I’m sew glad it’s finished! Deadlines help!
- Work on Summer Solstice: ½ hour / day NOT done, not a minute spent on it
- Finish borders on “Circles” √ done
- Finish “Dust off your book” √ done
- Quilt 52 blocks in 52 weeks partially done
This week’s list:
- Sandwich “Circles”
- 52 blocks in 52 weeks: Finish quilting, label and bind.
- March Island Batik – finish top, sandwich and start quilting
- April Island Batik – cut and start piecing
I searched through my stash, twice and there is absolutely NOTHiNG that will work for the back of “Circles.” SEW … 2 yards of 108″ wide fabric was purchased … And, I did use up 2 yards of fabric for the placemats. You can read about them HERE.
- Fabric Used this week 2.0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 41.75 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 2 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 2.5
- Net Fabric used 39.25
- Husband’s Purchases 0
I’m aiming for at least 15 minutes / day.
- 15 minute days: January – Feb 59 / 60
- 15 min days/ March = 1 / 1
- Total days in 2020: 60 / 61
- Total 39/40 days = 98%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
No UFO finishes.
With new starts, Dust off your book was finished.
I also updated the chart with the embroidery projects I did.
February’s Favourite Finish
Cheryl, from Meadow Mist designs, host a monthly Linky party …
And my favourite finish is the Island Batik Log Cabin quilt!
Dust off a Quilt Book Blog Hop
Is continuing this week. Did you see my post yesterday? Click HERE
The rest of the week’s blogs are:
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- 15 Minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting