All the posts on Facebook for International Quilt Day!! It was a lot of fun!
I think I’m the only one in the neighbourhood that had quilts out … but that’s OK …
I just grabbed a few small quilts that were handy and made in the last year … no digging through the camper to find more … and yes, I have more, LOTS more!
It was a BEAUTIFUL spring day! Sunny (although not very warm) … you can see purple hyacinths blooming and the magnolia tree on the left is just starting to bloom!
I have a finish!!
Yes, my “Circles” quilt is finished. The quilting is finished, the binding is finished AND the label is on!
This quilt was started at a guild workshop on curves. The circles were all cut with a large and a small Accuquilt die. (The guild owns them). The instructor was fabulous and the die-cut pieces made for almost perfect piecing. I say almost, because nothing I do is perfect!
And here’s a close-up of the quilting: A biggish swirl with smaller swirls on the outside of the biggish swirl …
And, it seams like flange binding is all I do these days! But, I do like the look.
Summer Solstice: The next step is completed
Frolic: didn’t work on it this week …
Only one block completed this week
Stay at Home Round Robin: I started 2 … you can read about them HERE. You can still join in, if you want … there will be a linky party on Friday for you to post pictures.
Elvira: This as a “Quarantine Quilt Along” with GE Quilt Designs. The temptation to spend the day quilting with others was too much … SEW, I dug into my stash of Reproduction fabrics and cut the amounts I needed. For some reason, the bins are still just as full!!!
April’s Island Batik is being quilted … sorry no pictures until April!
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- (Maybe) Finish quilting “Circles“ √ done
- Summer Solstice: Complete next step √ done
- Round Robin: Make block √ done
- Make “Making us Laugh” — almost there
- Sandwich April Island Batik √ done
- Get bordrers on Frolic! Not done
This week’s list:
- Round Robin: add the next borders
- (Maybe) finish quilting April Island Batik
- Make Elvira into a flimsy
- Summer Solstice: Complete next step
- Frolic: get the borders on!!!!
Circles used up 14.25 yards … and since I didn’t leave the house and didn’t shop on-line, there were no fabric purchases.
- Fabric Used this week 14.25 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 66.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 57.75
- Husband’s Purchases 0
I’m aiming for at least 15 minutes / day.
- 15 minute days: January – Feb 59 / 60
- 15 min days/ March = 22/22
- Total days in 2020: 81/82
- Percentage = 98%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Quilt Qwazy Queens Blog Hop
It stated on Wednesday … and here are the participants for this week. These are FUN!!! I will be sharing mine on Tuesday!
Qwazy Monday, March 23
- One Quilting Circle
- Quilt Schmilt
- Devoted Quilter
- Tuning My Heart Quilts
- Home Sewn by Us
- Farm Quilter
Qwazy Tuesday, March 24
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting