Island Batik Blog Hop
… is in it’s 2nd week, starting tomorrow! Did you check out last week’s hoppers?
This week Island Batik is giving away 2, yes, 2! Fat Quarter bundles of “River Valley.” There is a link below for you to click on for your entry for a chance to win.
Here is the list of Ambassadors that are Hopping this week:
Pamela Boatright ~ Pamela Quilts
Michelle Roberts ~ Creative Blonde
Leah Malasky ~ Quilted Delights
Sandra Walker ~ mmm! quilts
Gail Sheppard ~ Quilting Gail YES this is ME
Maryellen McAuliffe ~ Mary Mack’s Blog
Vasudha Govindan ~ Storied Quilts
Carla Henton ~ Create in the Sticks
I’m still working on an Island Batik challenge –I’ll show you the results on Wednesday! In the meantime … the pictures below relate to the challenge: Can you guess what it will be?
Make sure you come back on Wednesday because I will also be offering a give-away!
Ugly fabric quilt Guild challenge: We are to use the quilt pattern in this video: Here is the fabric that I’ve pulled from my fat quarter bin. Some of them aren’t even a full fat quarter … and that’s perfect. They only need to be at least 14″ square. This is suppose to be done on Tuesday! Ha! Ha! Somehow I don’t think it’ll be completely done … maybe, just maybe a top.
Florabunda: The blocks are now sewn into 3 tops … They need to be sandwiched and quilted … in due time.
This scrappy squares quilt in progress … I’m having fun coming up with different motifs for each of the white squares!
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
I easily managed to get everything on my list done … and more!
- Finish Island Batik May project – almost done
- Finish Flower Power – √ done You can see it HERE.
- Scrappy Squares: Quilt partially done
- Florabunda: lay out & piece at least one top – 3 pieced!
This week’s list:
- Finish quilting Scrappy Squares
- Finish Island Batik May project
- Sandwich Florabunda quilts
- Start June Island Batik project – maybe …
The Flower Power quilt was all Island Batik. However, I did buy the Island Batik fabric that I used for the back and sashing … so, I’ll count that as 1 yard. No other finishes this week.
- Fabric Used this week 1 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 139.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 130 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched to 30 minutes/day from 15 in April!
- 15 minute days: January – Apr. 120 / 121
- 30 min days/ May – 10/10
- Total days in 2020: 130 / 131
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Flower Power was finished … and I haven’t cut the fabric for the Ugly Challenge … so it’s not considered a new start – yet. No UFOs were finished this week.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- UFO Busting @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Stitchin’ Time @ Life in Pieces
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting