Winnie the Pooh Quilt ALong
June 8: Day 1. Pull your fabrics
- The pattern gives you measurements for the background and binding
- For Pooh – I had a 9″ piece, Width of fabric of the yellow. This was enough, until I cut the largest piece in half … So now my Winnie has a line in his forehead. If you are afraid of making mistakes, make sure you have more than 1/3 of a yard of the yellow.
- For Piglet – I had a fat quarter of the light pink, with lots left over.
- I’ll give you approximate amounts for Tigger & Eeyore, once I’m to that stage.
- For the rest of the fabrics, I just raided my scraps …
This Quilt Along is being broken into small steps. I’m planning for approximately half an hour each day. Some days it may be a bit less, others a bit more. But that is the plan.
That’s it for today … just pulling your fabrics.
I’m participating in a blog hop later this month (June 22 – 25) and I’ve started that project … which will be a secret until I share it on the Blog Hop.
There’s also a request for a few more masks – so I need to work on that …
I’ve sandwiched what was originally going to be a baby quilt – until I changed my mind and finished the elephant quilt (see HERE)… and hopefully the no-longer for the baby quilt will go under my needle SOON!
I did finish the June Island Batik challenge – but I used all Island Batik fabrics – which I don’t count …
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 177.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 167 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched from 15 minutes / day to 30 minutes/day in April!
- 15 minute days: January – May: 151 / 152
- 30 min days/ June: 7 / 7
- Total days in 2020: 158/ 159
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I revised my PHD in 2020 and added 6 more UFOs to the list. So, I’m hoping that I’ll get them done!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts