Yes, it’s Thanksgiving here in Canada. We celebrated yesterday … we did something totally different for our family … we had a fire in the backyard and made hotdogs, smokies, and smores. Would you believe I’d never had smores before? It was fun and we were able to socially distance … Will this be a new tradition for us? Who can tell? but … today I am missing the turkey left-overs!
In the Studio
There are a few things happening … Some are behind the scenes … but there are some things I can show you:
Morewood Mystery: Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs has a free mystery quilt that started in July and will conclude in April 2021. It’s not too late to join! Click HERE for a link to the mystery!
Even though I haven’t done one of Cheryl’s mystery’s before, I’ve always regretted it when the various quilts are posted. They are always lovely! Here’s a picture of a few of HST and the first part of the Irish Units. (I have until November to finish up the Irish Units – so I should be able to finish them by then!
From the Heart: Carol, from Just Let Me Quilt, is hosting a blog hop later this month. It’s called “From the heart” and it’s all about small gift ideas. I think it’ll be a great blog hop – especially with Christmas just around the corner. I have a lot of ideas … and have started one of them.
Guild “Clue-Sew Fall 2020” Mystery Quilt: is quilted … here are a few more pictures of a couple of blocks …
Scrappy Repro has the borders on and is ready to be sandwiched and quilted. I went with a burgundy inner border and a neutral shirting outer border.
The guild Clue-Sew mystery quilt is completed. All fabrics except for the backing came from stash. Sew a total of 6 yards from stash was used.
Edit: I said 6 yards from stash and the 4 yards that I had previously purchased for the back … for a total of 10 yards …
- Fabric Used this week
- Fabric Used this year:
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 50.5 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used
- Husband’s purchases: 11.5 yards
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
- January – Sept: 260 / 274
- 30 min days/ Oct: 11 / 11
- Total days in 2020: 271 / 285
- Percentage = 95%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Scrappy Repro: Add Borders √ done
- Work on the guild mystery quilt √ done
- Start November IB challenge √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes. √ done
This week’s list:
- Scrappy Repro: Quilt and bind
- Work on November IB challenge
- Get Irish Units completed on Morewood Mystery
- Complete From the Heart project
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting