How are you doing with your PHD in 2021? So far I have 3 UFOs completed, but I feel like I’m cheating. Two of them (the Holiday Seclusion Mysteries) were started in December and were easy finishes. The Winnie the Pooh panel was a quick finish as well. I’m trying to go through my panels and get them quilted and gone. All of my New Starts, except for the March Island Batik project are completed. So, there isn’t any new UFOs developing in that area!
Link up and show us your PHD in 2021 Progress.
Do you need some help with your PHD in 2021?
Spirit Bear Quilts is using a technique called Kanban to help her focus. I had not heard of Kanban prior to Spirit Bear blogging about it. Visit THIS BLOG POST to read about how she is using it and also see the link for further explanation.
Sharon @ Ms. P. Designs has a colourful task list spreadsheet … it’s free for you to download! I know in the past, several people have found this spreadsheet very useful.
NOW … what I want you to do …. follow the questions below:
If you answered “YES” to any of the questions – give yourself a cheer “Well done!“
If you answer “YES” in the orange, Great! You are making progress!
If you answered “NO” in the orange block … I want you to do some analysis. Answer the following questions as honestly as you can. This is just for YOU … you don’t have to tell me what’s happening. I just want YOU to know why the UFOs are sitting there, not touched.
- Why didn’t I work on an UFO?
- Do I hate them all?
- Do I really want to decrease my UFOs?
- Would I be happy if I gave some of my UFOs away (for someone else to finish)?
- Did I start too many new projects?
- Have I been to ill (mentally or physically) to work on them?
Answering the above questions MAY help you to understand why you’re not working on UFOs.
Rainbow Scrap Table Topper
January’s colour is pink. I do not decorate with pink. Nothing even close to pink. Ever. So, to fulfil this months Table Topper challenge, I used my embroidery machine and made a pretty mug rug. It is a free pattern from Kreative Kiwi. The pattern has “Happy Mother’s Day” written on it, but I obviously skipped the saying. This was such a quick little project that it didn’t even make it to my “New Start” list!
I used scraps of Island Batik fabric and Hobbs 80/20 batting for this project.
#1 I’m still working on the SAHRR but can’t show you any current pictures. Want to know more about the SAHRR? check it out HERE. We started the reveal of our centre blocks last week. See my centre block and the centre blocks that many others have made HERE! Tomorrow, we’re showing the 3rd round! There will be a link on Anja’s blog for everyone showing their 3rd row!. Be sure to check out all of the bloggers that are co-hosting with me! Here’s the list:
- January 18: 1st Round: Chris @ Chrisknitssews
- January 25: 2nd Round: Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
- February 1: 3rd Round: Anja @ Anja Quilts
- February 8: 4th Round: Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us
- February 15: 5th Round: Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life
- February 22: 6th Round: Susan @ Quilt Fabrication
- February 28: 7th Round ME!!! @ Quilting Gail
#2 I’m working on my March Island Batik project. Sorry, no pictures yet!
#3 Moorewood Mystery: Block A are all pieced. The final clue comes out on Thursday … and I hope to work on it! You can learn more about the Moorewood mystery quilt HERE.
I’m quilting the current guild mystery quilt. Sorry, but until the guild members have the final clue, I can’t show it to you. I don’t want to ruin their surprise!
Nothing finished, nothing bought!
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used – 4 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – 31 / 31
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Total success this week!
- Finish piecing the current round of Stay at Home Round Robin √ done
- Start on the next round of Stay at Home Round Robin √ done
- Finish Piecing Moorewood Mystery Block A √ done
- Make the PINK table topper √ done
- Web the top for February’s Island Batik Challenge! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Finish piecing the current round of Stay at Home Round Robin
- Start on the next round of Stay at Home Round Robin
- Work on the next Moorewood Mystery clue
- Work on March Island Batik challenge.
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Scrap Happy Saturday @ So Scrappy
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting