Last week I said that the Winnie the Pooh quilt needed some more quilting, specifically Winnie, Eeyore and the moon. A loving friend told me that if I left it, they would pop. So, I’m going with her advice and am considering this a UFO finish! That made for a super quick finish!!! This will be another donation quilt for the guild. It was a fun quilt to quilt. There is Hobbs 80/20 batting in it. It was quilted with CanSew beige thread.
Another Holiday Seclusion Quilt
Somehow, I missed putting Valda’s quilt on my blog last week. It’s a beauty!!! You can see all the other ones from my guild HERE.
#1 I’m still working on the SAHRR but can’t show you any current pictures. Want to know more about the SAHRR? check it out HERE. We started the reveal of our centre blocks last week. See my centre block and the centre blocks that many others have made HERE! Tomorrow, we’re showing the 2nd round! Be sure to check out all of the bloggers that are co-hosting with me! We’re taking turns hosting and having a linky party. It’s Emily’s turn this week!… here’s the list:
- January 18: 1st Round: Chris @ Chrisknitssews
- January 25: 2nd Round: Emily @ The Darling Dogwood
- February 1: 3rd Round: Anja @ Anja Quilts
- February 8: 4th Round: Roseanne & Sue @ Home Sewn by Us
- February 15: 5th Round: Wendy @ Pieceful Thoughts of My Quilting Life
- February 22: 6th Round: Susan @ Quilt Fabrication
- February 28: 7th Round ME!!! @ Quilting Gail
#2 The fabric is stilled pulled for the RSC21 Table Scraps Challenge table runner. I have an idea of what I’m making, but I haven’t gotten any further than that!!
#3 The February Island Batik challenge is up on my design wall. I’m using some wonderful fabrics and they are all so pretty!!!
#4 Moorewood Mystery : Half of Block A are pieced. I’m doing them as leaders and enders … so they will be done before the next clue comes out on Feb 4.
Nothing being quilted at the moment …
Winnie the Pooh was 2 yards of fabric
- Fabric Used this week 2 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used – 4 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – 24 / 24
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Even with sewing a LOT this past week, I didn’t get much on my list completed. But I’m fine with what I DID get done!!
- Finish current round of Stay at Home Round Robin √ done
- Finish next round of Stay at Home Round Robin partially done
- Piece Moorewood Mystery Block A partially done
- Make the PINK table topper not done
- Start cutting for February’s Island Batik Challenge! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes not done !!! I have been doing SEW well with this – except for this week!! And this week I was Zoom sewing with other Island Batik ambassadors and we showed our studios … mine was a total mess!
This week’s list:
- Finish piecing the current round of Stay at Home Round Robin
- Start on the next round of Stay at Home Round Robin
- Finish Piecing Moorewood Mystery Block A
- Make the PINK table topper
- Web the top for February’s Island Batik Challenge!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
OK … the Winnie the Pooh quilt was a quick finish this week. All it took was a decision! (grin)
I KNOW that not all my UFOs will be finished this quickly. But it is nice to have 3 considered done!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting