#1 Amish panels:
I think I have the top pieced … just deciding if I need to add another border … The centre square, the star block is what I bought extra fabric for. I’m sort of wishing I hadn’t bordered the rest of the small blocks and I could have done all of them like the star. But, since I’m not a fan of taking a lot of things apart … it’s not going to happen.
#2 July Island Batik project … it’s a secret for now!
#1 Mystery Quilt … coming soon! I finished quilting it and am quite happy with the result!
#2 Essem Panel: Essem Textiles (the new store close to where I live) got a huge bunch of kids prints in. SEW cute!!! The owner is not a quilter (yet!!!) and I offered to quilt a panel for her. I’m having a LOT of fun … here’s a sneak peak! I hope she likes it when it’s completed.
The backing on the 2 maple leaf quilts used 9 yards of fabric. On the purchasing end of things, I bought some grunge fabric to use for the UFO, Amish Panels (see the star above!)
- Fabric Used this week 9 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 69 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0.75 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 24.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 44.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
Here’s the 2 maple leaf quilts I finished … you can read more about them HERE. Yes, the tops were were made with Island Batik fabric, using an Accuquilt cutter and dies. Hobbs batting, Aurifil thread and Schmetz needles were also used.
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – May– 150 / 150
- June – 13 / 13
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
- Summer Mystery Quilt: Quilt & Finish writing pattern √ done
- Amish Panels: Finish cutting out and maybe get it assembled √ done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Summer Mystery Quilt: waiting for the testing to be completed and double check fabric amounts
- Amish Panels: sandwich and prepare for quilting
- Essem Panel: finish quilting and deliver it
- July IB project: work on it
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits