A serious heat wave. This is so unusual for Canada’s west coast! But our temperatures are over 41 C (translates to 106 F) and it’s not cooling off at night. No fun!!! It’s hard to have any energy to do anything … oh … and did I mention that our air conditioning is called a fan?
I have been working to get the Summer 2021 Mystery Quilt ready to roll. It takes time, but I was able to post the introduction on Saturday! You can read about it HERE.
Sew, even though not a lot is happening … here’s this week’s report:
#1 Town Table Topper: This table topper is not finished, yet … On Friday, I showed the “unstitching that I needed to do … It’s now unstitched and the 2 offending blocks are switched around … but that’s as far as it’s gotten!
#1 Island Batik July’s project: Still in progress … 2 days of ripping out did not help my progress or my mood with this project!
#2 Amish panels: put into one quilt top, sandwiched and ready to quilt. No progress on this.
No shopping, no buying … nothing finished …
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 69 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 24.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 44.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes most days this past week.
- January – May– 150 / 150
- June – 25 / 27
- Percentage = 99 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
- Finish July Island Batik project. not quite done
- Finish piecing Town Table Topper √ done
- Start quilting Amish Panel: Not started
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Finish July Island Batik project.
- Quilt and bind: Town Table Topper
- Start quilting Amish Panel
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
No changes from last week!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting