OK … so how did you do? Did you complete 26 hours of focus sewing on your intended project? Here’s how I did:
I managed to get 7 baby quilts done, done done!!! The ones in the first picture were planned … the ones in the 2nd picture were added when I still had quite a few hours left to go … The 2nd picture are 2 quilts made from left-overs of other baby quilts. It’s nice to have them done … SEW … a TOTAL of 5 UFOs and 2 2019 starts were completed!!! YEAH ME!!!
Here’s a log of what I did:
- Day 1 1 hour – pieced batting
- Day 2 4 hours – finished sewing one quilt together, borders on 3, sandwhiched 3
- Day 3 1 hour – border on 1 quilt, sandwhiched 1 quilt
- Day 4 1 hour – Webbed quilt #5 and sewed together
- Day 5 1 hour – borders and sandwiched #5
- Day 6 2.5 hours – quilted 3 quilts
- Day 7 3.5 hours – quilted 2 quilts, trimmed 5 quilts, cut binding
- Day 8 2.5 hour – sewed binding on 5 quilts
- Day 9 2. 5 hours – pieced batting, finished tops – sandwhiched 2 quilts
- Day 10 4 hour – quilted 2 quilts (the coin one, I did concentric circles 3/4″ apart – it took FOREVER
- MARATHON TIME 23 HOURS COMPLETED
- Day 11 1 hour – Sewed binding on 2 quilts
- TOTAL TIME: 24 HOURS
Link up YOUR Marathon Progress.
I’m going through my stash and found a ton of blue 6″ squares. Who cuts up 6″ squares? Apparently I do … anyhow – they are being sewn together. Dawn (a super smart quilter from the guild) made this one quilt where you sew squares together, then cut them diagonally and then sew them back together. She started with a 6 x 12 grid … with 6″ squares, it would be too small … sew, I figured out that a 8 x 16 grid would give me more the size I’m hoping for. We shall see. For now, I’m calling this quilt “Blue 8 x 16”. The pattern idea originated at Quiltwoman.com and can be found HERE. Although, when I look at their demo page, it’s totally different than what Dawn did.
Nothing being quilted at the moment
Some of the baby quilts were a mixture of my own fabric and fabric from the guild. I used 7 yards of my own fabric in the first 5 quilts and a total of 5 yards in the final 2 quilts … for a total of 12 yards!
- Fabric Used this week 12 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 113.6 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 57.05
- Net Fabric used 56.65
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – May: 149 out of 170
- July – 14 out of 14
- Year-to-date: 163 out of 184 = 88%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Well, the marathon certainly helped me finish a few UFOs!! 2 more than I had anticipated. They were small UFOs compared to some of the ones that I need to finish!! Oh well, they will get done eventually!
I did start a new quilt: “Blue 8 x 16” …
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays @ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking up Quilts