Sew … what’s been happening around here?
Well, Helen Godden (on Facebook Helen Godden Quilts) had a Flower Power Quilt-a-long. I was thinking of doing it for a future Island Batik challenge, but all of the specifics for the challenge are not available, yet. SEW … I thought I’d share it with you. If you are on Facebook, you can go to her page and download all of the pictures. She has directions on how to do each of the blocks with a Youtube video for each block. It’s fantastic for practicing free motion quilting!
These were done on an Island Batik neutral fabric … with Hobbs 80/20 batting, Aurifil black thread and Schmetz microtex needle. (All of the supplies were given to me via Island Batik).
I have done 8 of the 9 blocks … They are SEW fun to do. I LOVE the zen doodling! And I’ve learned a few new-to-me patterns.
The other thing, is that I ventured into the world of colouring fabric. Helen talks about “Inktense” pencils and how you colour your fabric with them. From another Youtube video, I learned that you colour, spray with water and then press with an iron to stop the spread of colour or bleeding. That’s how my blocks got their colour! I was able to get a set of Inktense pencils at a near-by store that does curb-side service! (Opus, in Langley).
I will show you the finished wall hanging … hopefully it’ll be done soon!
Don’t forget to visit the Island Batik Blog Hop that is featuring all the NEW fabric!!! And visit the Island Batik blog for a chance to win Cascadia Precuts!
This week is the following Blogs:
Janet Yamamoto ~ Whispers of Yore
Carol Moellers ~ Carol Moellers Designs
Carolina Asmussen ~ Carolina Asmussen
Suzy Webster ~ Websterquilt
Megan Best ~ Best Quilter
Emily Leachman ~ The Darling Dogwood
Connie Kauffman ~ Kauffman Designs
Denise Looney ~ For the Love of Geese
I’m working on an Island Batik challenge – so no photos yet!
Florabunda: Do you remember when I was working on these blocks? Well, they are all done and I have way more than enough for one quilt … so there are at least 2 quilts to be made. I need to lay them out and decide on which ones will go into which quilt.
This scrappy squares quilt is sandwiched and ready to quilt!
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
I easily managed to get everything on my list done … and more!
- Quilt Blue Round Robin √ done
- Bind Purple Round Robin √ done
- Finish 7 masks √ done
- Finish 7 pillow cases √ done
You can see the Blue & Purple Round Robin quilts HERE.
I completed 18 masks and 12 pillow cases. When I went to originally take a picture of the 7 pillow cases that were started, I realized they were mostly all “girl” types. Sew … back to the stash and I made 5 that are more suited for the male gender.
This week’s list:
- Finish Island Batik May project
- Finish Flower Power
- Scrappy Squares: Quilt and possibly get the binding on.
- Florabunda: lay out & piece at least one top
The fronts of the Round Robins were Island Batik – so I don’t count that. But the backs took 3 yards. The pillow cases used up 12 yards. The masks used up 3.5 yards … for a total of 18.5 yards!
- Fabric Used this week 18.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 138.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 129 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least!
- 15 minute days: January – Apr. 120 / 121
- 30 min days/ May – 3 / 3
- Total days in 2020: 123 / 124
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Stitchin’ Time @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting