Island Batik “Ultimate Home Decor Blog Hop”
This is the last week!
Visit Gail Renna ~ Quilt Haven Threads to see what she’s made for the final day!
You have an opportunity to win some fabulous fabric! This is a FQ pack of Wonderland, designed by the talented Kathy Engle!
Winnie the Pooh Sew-a-long
Are you interested in a Winnie the Pooh Sew-a-long? Want to join me as I make this quilt? I emailed Lorna (the designer) about hosting a Sew-a-long and she said, “Sounds fine with me Gail! I would love to have you host a quilt along featuring them.”
SEW … I’m thinking of starting on Monday, June 8. That will give you (and me) 2 weeks to pull fabric or go shopping. I’m thinking that if we do one character a day or every 2 days … we’ll be finished in just over a week. I’m not 100% sure, because I haven’t made any of them yet … But I plan to start on June 8.
Lorna emailed me today to say that the pattern has been updated … so, if you downloaded it before, you may want to download it again as there is an update. You can access the pattern HERE. (scroll down the page). There are 3 sizes to choose from. Your choice as to which size you choose.
If you haven’t visited “Sew Fresh Quilts,” you are in for a pleasant surprise of LOTS of cute, cute quilts!
I finished 2 quilts today … Florabunda #2 & #3. These count as one UFO finish. I know … with all 3 Florabunda quilts completed, it should count as 3 UFOs … but it’s only May and that leaves me with one more UFO to finish to accomplish my UFO goal for PHD in 2020!
Florabunda #2 and #3 were quilted with swirls … lots of swirls … large swirls, medium swirls and small swirls … they were both pretty quick to quilt! Hobbs 80/20 is the batting and Aurifil #2309 was the thread.
I don’t know what I was thinking when I started this quilt. Yes, I wanted to use up floral fabric, but … I ended up with 140 blocks … enough to make 2 quilts that are 6 x 8 blocks and one that is 6 x 7 blocks.
Here are all 3 Florabunda on the clothesline …
Florabunda is a free pattern from Bonnie Hunter and you can access it HERE.
I’m still working on the baby quilt and the big brother quilt. I changed my mind and the baby quilt is a UFO that needs to be finished. Big brother quilt is in progress with these fabrics.
Can you guess what this will be? It’s part of my June Island Batik challenge. I’m using the “Kismet” fabric collection, designed by Tammy Silvers of Tamarinis. Doesn’t the black make the colours pop?
I hope to sandwich the UFO baby quilt and Big Brother quilt and get them quilted SOON!
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Finish the 2 new quilts! not done … in progress
- Finish Quilting Florabunda #2 √ done: #3 is done as well You can see them above
- Piece June’s Island Batik project not done … in progress
This week’s list:
- Finish the Baby UFO
- Finish Big Brother
- Finish piecing June’s Island Batik project
Florabunda – all 3 quilts used approximately 24 yards!!!
- Fabric Used this week 24 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 169 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9.5
- Net Fabric used 159.5 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched from 15 minutes / day to 30 minutes/day in April!
- 15 minute days: January – Apr. 120 / 121
- 30 min days/ May – 24 / 24
- Total days in 2020: 144 / 145
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
With the finish of Florabunda … that leaves 1 UFO to finish for my PHD in 2020. Somehow, I think I will finish more than 12 UFOs this year!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- UFO Busting @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Stitchin’ Time @ Life in Pieces
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting