Well, my sister, 2 of my cousins and myself Zoomed together today to quilt. We all worked on different projects. And chatted and talked and chatted and talked and sewed!
Terry was quilting a pretty quilt, made some blocks for another quilt and did a short show & tell of what she’s calling her “Covid” quilts … all made from scraps and what she had lying around.
Connie was attempting to make a tic-tac toe game for her granddaughter, but her embroidery machine is ill and needs to go to the doctor. She then made part of a cute dress for her granddaughter, sewed up a quick mask and showed us the quilt she’s going to longarm in a couple of weeks (she rents time on one).
Lynn was cleaning all the wax off her iron (from when she made the bags at our last Zoom sewing) and then she was adding borders to a quilt that has been languishing around for awhile.
Of course, I meant to take pictures of what everyone was working on, but I didn’t.
I was piecing together 3″ tumbler blocks that were cut out ages ago. I was really trying to be careful with the order of the blocks up on my design wall, but for some reason, one row was 15 blocks long and another was 19 … and they were both suppose to be 17! And, I don’t know how often my stitch ripper was used to take out the blocks that were put in wrong. I’m sure if I’d been sewing on my own, this quilt would have gone back into the container and would not have progressed as far as it has!
Here is part of the quilt I was working on, sewn together. There are 4 more rows to go on.
Tumbler Quilt … needs to be finished piecing and a border added. I’m trying to use up my bin of floral fabric and will attempt to make a pieced back for this quilt.
Summer Solstice is being quilted.
No shopping. No finishes …
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 191.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 20
- Net Fabric used 171.5 yards
I only sewed 6 out of 7 days this past week.
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched from 15 minutes / day to 30 minutes/day in April!
- 15 minute days: January – June: 181 / 182
- 30 min days/ July: 3/ 4
- Total days in 2020: 184/ 186
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Work on Summer Solstice: get the top DONE √ done – and sandwiched and started quilting!
- Quilt a baby quilt to practice some free motion feathers that I want to do when I’m ready to quilt Summer Solstice. Didn’t bother to do
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room. √ done
This week’s list:
- Finish quilting Summer Solstice
- Bind Summer Solstice
- Finish piecing Tumbler quilt and add borders
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room.
- Work through another Artistic Digitizer lesson.
What’s in the plans for the rest of July?
- July’s Island Batik challenge
- Working on project for Christmas in July (Then and Now) Blog Hop
- Island Batik boxes should arrive soon!
- Another Mystery Quilt!!! Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs is hosting a mystery quilt. I haven’t had a peek – but if you hate not know where the quilt is going, she will give you a peek. The fabric requirements are up … With this mystery, she will be releasing a clue once a month, so it should be a nice leisurely mystery.
Nothing finished … Tumbler quilt started.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- MCM @ Cooking Up Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting