YES!!! Summer Solstice is done, Done DONE!!!
This is a Judy Niemeyer pattern that was started in 2016. The outside beige border and burgundy borders were suppose to be paper pieced … but I didn’t like the look for this quilt, so I just used solid fabrics. There was a lot of set in seams in this pattern, but for all the procrastinating that I did, they turned out just fine!
- fabric purchased at Fabric Depot in Portland in 2015.
- 60″ x 60″
- Flange binding
- Hobbs 80/20 batting
- Aurifil thread #2370
- Combination of Free Motion quilting and Ruler quilting on my Janome Continental M7 (Domestic machine)
- Backing is pieced diagonally (the picture is not the true colour … the quilting pictures show the true colour!)
I kept the quilting simple … mostly swirls … and I used a straight ruler to outline the lone star and the New York Beauty points.
- Island Batik: Secret sewing sorry, no pictures …
- Blue Carpenter’s Wheel
- Dog/Cat #1 is under the machine … hopefully #2 will soon follow
The pattern for Summer Solstice called for 9.5 yards of fabric and I bought an extra yard of the 2 fabrics I used on the back … for a total of 11.5 yards.
- Fabric Used this week 11.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 203 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 20
- Net Fabric used 183 yards
I am aiming for 30 minutes/day – at least! I switched from 15 minutes / day to 30 minutes/day in April!
- 15 minute days: January – June: 181 / 182
- 30 min days/ July: 12/12
- Total days in 2020: 191/ 193
- Percentage = 99%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Finish quilting Summer Solstice √ done
- Bind Summer Solstice √ done
- Finish piecing Tumbler quilt and add borders √ done
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room. √ done
- Work through another Artistic Digitizer lesson. not done
This week’s list:
- Quilt Dog/Cat #1
- Bind Dog/Cat #1
- Quilt Dog/Cat #2
- Bind Dog/Cat #2
- Spend at least 30 minutes this week CLEANING/ TIDYING my sewing room.
- Work through another Artistic Digitizer lesson.
What’s in the plans for the rest of July?
- July’s Island Batik challenge
- Working on project for Christmas in July (Then and Now) Blog Hop
- Island Batik boxes should arrive soon!
- Another Mystery Quilt!!! Cheryl from Meadow Mist Designs is hosting a mystery quilt. I haven’t had a peek – but if you hate not know where the quilt is going, she will give you a peek. The fabric requirements are up … With this mystery, she will be releasing a clue once a month, so it should be a nice leisurely mystery.
UFO in 2020
I’ll give the update on the 15th!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- MCM @ Cooking Up Quilts
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting