Whether you celebrate Easter, in prayer, song, bunnies or eggs, I wish you all a blessed Happy Easter!
I have to laugh at myself … earlier this week, (This POST) I talked about “focus” and how, to prevent becoming overwhelmed, we should only work on a few projects at a time. As you read through this post, you’ll realize that I’m NOT following my own advice. I’ve also been working on some “behind the scenes” work, final pattern writing and checking fabric requirements. It’s all fun! or I wouldn’t be doing it!
I know I certainly enjoy my Zoom sewing with others! So fun! And I usually get quite a bit of sewing done – which is good!
- Speed Dating is now squared up … but that’s all I’ve done on it! Hopefully this week, I can get those borders on and get it sandwiched.
2. May Island Batik challenge is started. (Sorry no pictures …) But I am using one of the techniques I learned in the class!
3. June Island Batik challenge has begun and is being used as my leaders and enders.
4. A & A’s Quilt is started – several blocks are made and my daughter is in the process of deciding on the layout. She said, and I quote, “This is hard mom!” And I suspect I will have a LOT more blocks to make!
No quilting happening at the moment, but I do need to get the guild’s Healthcare Mystery quilt sandwiched and also the Speed Dating Improv – once those pesky borders are on.
No stash used in my finishes for this week.
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 35 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 9 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 26 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes each day
- January – March – 80 / 80
- April – 4 / 4
- Percentage = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting it “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
I ‘ve been busy, but I didn’t focus on my TO DO list … so not everything got done!
- Finish quilting and binding April Island Batik Project √ done
- Start A&A’s quilt √ done
- Sandwich Healthcare Hero’s Mystery (this is for the guild …) NOT Done
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Finish making blocks for A&A’s quilt
- Sandwich Healthcare Hero’s Mystery (this is for the guild …)
- Speed Dating: Add Borders and Sandwich
- Finish blocks for May Island Batik challenge
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
The April Island Batik challenge is completed … I plan to have the post ready in a couple of days!
What’s coming up on the blog in April and May?
On Friday, I plan to show you the quilts from the January/February Mystery quilt that the guild did!! Such a wonderful variety, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the eye candy!
April’s colour has been announced! Drum roll … light blue … oh, my favourite!!! What will I be making? I’m not sure yet! But you can bet that I’ll enjoy making it in my favourite colours!
In April, there’s the “In the Kitchen” blog hop happening!! I have a few ideas … I’ll have to firm those up and make something!
I’m looking forward to this blog hop!! It should be fun!
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy @ Scrap Happy
- Frédérique @ Quilting Patchwork Applique
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Chris Knits
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting