Thank you to all that offered your sympathy and concern for us surviving the heat wave. It is over and the temps are way more comfortable … around 30C (86 F). And it is cooling down at night! So sleep is possible!!! YEAH!!!
Although, in the wake of the heat wave, there are a LOT of fires burning in British Columbia, lots of lightening strikes … one town was burnt totally to the ground … the residents had less than 15 minutes to flee the town. Lots of sad stories …
But this blog is about quilting … so here goes …
I still don’t have a lot of energy, but Zoom sewing with Island Batik Ambassadors on Friday helped! I got a start on my August project … using a BEAUTIFUL line of fabric (Autumn Wings) and Studio 180 rulers. It’s a secret, so no pictures … sorry!
#1. August Island Batik project: a bit of progress
#2. Country Panels:
I started working on another UFO … 2 different country panels that I’m putting together. I’m using the burgandy grunge fabric for sashing and a first border. But I don’t have enough … so I had to go shopping … More about that further down …
#1 Amish panels: 2 panels, put into one quilt top, sandwiched and ready to quilt. No progress on this. But the machine is threaded with the thread I want to use, bobbins are wound … just need to start.
I needed some more burgundy grunge for the 2 country panels that I’m putting together … so I went to Essem Textiles … and they just happened to have a skinny bolt sale on a “black dress” grunge and a “grey” grunge. I might or might not have bought them. Well, I can’t lie, of course I bought them … Sew … that adds 3 yards to my total of fabric bought!
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 69 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 3 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 27.75 yards (my husbands amounts as well)
- Net Fabric used 41.25 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 0 yards (which are added into my total amount of Fabric added this year). For those of you who don’t know … my husband often buys more fabric than I do … so, I’m keeping track! Unfortunately, he doesn’t sew!
I’m aiming for at least 30 minutes a day.
I have stitched for over 30 minutes all days this past week.
- January – May– 180 / 180
- July – 4 / 4
- Percentage = 99 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
Chris from ChrisKnits is hosting “To Do” every week. You can check out her blog HERE.
- Finish July Island Batik project. √ done and blog post is almost ready!
- Quilt and bind: Town Table Topper √ done
- Start quilting Amish Panel not started.
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ done
This week’s list:
- Work on Country Panels
- Work on IB August project
- Start quilting Amish Panel
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
No further finishes. I started my August Island Batik project.