Row Row Row your Quilt
The February Island Batik Blog Hop starts on Monday! The theme is Row by Row …
Make sure you visit each of the ambassadors to see what they made … and some of them may have a giveaway and you could have a chance to win some awesome Island Batik fabric!
Megan Best, Bestquilter
Did you see?
My Island Batik quilts for the January challenge? These were for the challenge “Step by Step” using 20 gradations of Tantalizing Teal. Of course, Island Batik fabric was used with Hobbs batting and Aurifil Thread.
Here are the pictures, but you can read more about them HERE.
Kate, from Life in Pieces, is hosting “Stitching Stuff” and the goal is to sew for at least 15 minutes a day. I use Kate’s guideline, but my personal goal is to sew for 30 minutes a day. On those “blah” days, it does motivate me to sit at my machine and 30 minutes often turns into several hours. Thank you Kate for the motivation!
Last year I managed to sew 97% of the days. What will this year bring?
- January 1-30 – 30 / 30
- Total: 30 /30
- Percentage =100%
Donna at Quilt Paint Create hosts a weekly linky party where you can display your stash. This has really kept my stash from growing (somewhat!) Before I buy anything, I am always mindful of the fact that I need to report it on my blog … That sometimes stops me in my tracks! However, I am human and I do break down and buy fabric!
I love this meme that I saw recently (but can’t find the source) …
The Teddy Bear quilt took 5.5 yards of fabric. You can see the post HERE.
- Fabric Used this week 5.0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 6.5 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 0 yards
- Net Fabric used 6.5 yards
Linda from Texas Quilt Gal is now hosting “To Do” every week.
I had 2 weeks to work on my previous To Do list … I’m starting to realize that if I give myself 2 weeks, I can usually accomplish what I want to do in one week. Hmmm … What does that say about my expectations?
The To Do list 2 weeks ago:
- Finish Round 3 & start Round 4 of SAHRR √ DONE
- Sandwich and Quilt Polar Bear Plunge √ DONE
- Work on Tickled Pink project … it’s actually finished! √ DONE
- Finish Island Batik January Project and posted HERE √ DONE
- Finish Macaron Mystery – January clue √ DONE
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder! √ DONE
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes √ DONE
This week’s list:
- Finish Round 4 of SAHRR and start Round 5
- Work on February Island Batik project
- Do NOT be distracted by any SQUIRRELS! I NEED this continual reminder!
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes
There are a few things on my Design Wall and I can only show you little bits of what’s there!
#2 … February Island Batik project Row by Row … Here’s a picture of the fabric that I’m using. It’s the Vintage Lace by Kathy Engle and should be shipping to stores in February. Aren’t they soft and lovely?
Nothing is being quilted at the moment!
2 UFOs finished this week! The Polar Bear Blog hop and the Tickled Pink Blog Hop quilts!