Every Sunday, or Monday, I post a bit about what I’m working on. It’s my way of keeping records, keeping on track and getting a LOT of quilting done!
Here’s an explanation of all the blogs that I regularly link up to have a category for them every Sunday or Monday.
- Judy’s “Design Wall Monday” to show you what I’m piecing and quilting. I think it’s fun to show you progress …
- Roseanne & Sue’s “To Do” Tuesday“, to publicly say what I hope to do in the coming week. I find it’s OK to have a list and it’s perfectly OK to not get everything on the list done. It’s all progress and that’s what counts!
- Donna’s “Stash Report” has really helped me to cut down on my fabric buying binges. Very seldom do I ever buy “just because,” or “it’s on sale,” or “it’s pretty” or whatever reason I can dream up at the time!!! I’m not saying that I never make these types of purchases, but knowing that I need to report what I buy, makes me think twice … and those that follow my blog, know very well that I make frivolous purchases sometimes.
- Kate’s “Stitchin’ Time” helps pull me to the sewing machine on those days that I’ve been too busy to sew, or just don’t feel like it. Sometimes, I even set an alarm for 15 minutes and actually get up to turn the alarm off and also turn off my machine. Other times, I get up and turn off the alarm and sit back down to sew … I never know which will happen!
And of course, I alway have my own PHD in 2020 report!
Summer Solstice: I’ve started piecing the lone star. Row 1 – 4 are completed. Now to sew each of the 8 star points. I think it’s going to be a pretty quilt!
Frolic: Bonnie Hunter’s Mystery: 12 blocks are pieced! Getting there.
Circles: Slowly getting them done.
February Island Batik Challenge: Piecing is in progress using the fabrics in the far right picture above.
Bento Box “Rag Log Cabin” – the straight line zig-zag quilting is almost done. I’m sort of kicking myself for wanting this to be a rag quilt. I could have done straight lines instead of the zig-zag and it would be closer to being finished! But too late for that! Once all the zig-zag lines are done, I will then fmq the centres.
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Quilt Rag Log Cabin – 1/2 hour / day √ done
- Make 3 “Frolic” blocks √ done (made 7)
- Sandwich “52 blocks in 52 weeks” √ done
- Summer Solstice: Make Row 2 of lone star √ done (rows 1-4 are sewn)
- Start cutting & sewing Island Batik Feb project. √ done
This week’s list:
- Quilt Rag Log Cabin – finish quilting
- Make 3 “Frolic” blocks
- Summer Solstice: Sew Star points together
- Finish Island Batik Feb top.
- Finish sewing large circle blocks
This zippy pouch was the only finish this week. It used about 0.5 yards including fussy cutting and lining. No shopping = no fabric buying.
- Fabric Used this week 0.5 yard
- Fabric Used this year: 23 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 0
- Net Fabric used 23
- Husband’s Purchases 0
I’m aiming for at least 15 minutes / day.
- 15 minute days: January 31 / 31
- 15 min days/ Feb = 2/2 days
- Total 33 / 33 days = 100 %
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
The zippy pouch made with the African fabric was a new start in 2020 and a finish.
I was Featured!
Tish from “Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland” featured my circles last week!
Island Batik is featuring each of the ambassadors. Visit their blog to see what they had to say about me! HERE.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Moving it Forward Monday @ Em’s Scrapbag
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting