I just feel like I haven’t gotten a lot done this month … but that is probably because I was away for almost 2 weeks!
3 Housekeeping / Updating things
Did you see my post about when we were visiting friends who live off-grid in the wilds of British Columbia? I showed a picture of a quilt being made by one of the girls. I thought she was at least 14 or 15 … and it turns out she’s actually 13!!!! WOW!! Oh to be able to quilt at that level, using scissors (no rotary cutter) is amazing. You can see the post HERE.
Another highlight of our time away was visiting an alpaca farm in southern Alberta. So fun! You can see that post HERE. Also, if you go to Prairie Spirit Alpacas‘ website and want to order yarn or socks or scarves or duvets … put Gail in the code, you will get 10% off!
One person recently said to me, “Do you actually get all your quilting done in only 30 minutes a day?” I had to laugh … I usually sew for much longer than 30 minutes a day … but by keeping track of “Stitchin Time” (see below), it motivates me to sew for at least 30 minutes a day. (And yes, I do have some days where I just don’t feel like sewing).
The other day, in our guild’s Facebook group, one of the members posted this song by Paul Mills … “Quilter’s Husband’s Lament.” I thought it was cute and decided to share it with you … enjoy!
All of the Scrappy Repro blocks were sewn into groups of 4. Here they are up on the design wall … waiting to be webbed together. Do you know how to web a quilt? If you don’t know (or have forgotten) you can go HERE and watch my youtube video!
I was working on October’s Island Batik challenge (sorry, no pictures, yet)!
No finishes, No shopping …
- Fabric Used this week 0 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 261 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 46.5 yards (I added my husbands amounts in … )
- Net Fabric used 248 yards
- Husband’s purchases: 11.5 yards
On Sept. 6, I stated that I had stitched 13 out of 13 days in September … that was SEW incorrect! Impossible to stitch for 13 days when only 6 days had passed … it should have read “6 / 6“!!!
I only sewed one day while we were away.
- January – August: 239 / 243
- 30 min days/ Sept: 17/ 27
- Total days in 2020: 256 / 270
- Percentage = 94%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Work on Scrappy Repro √ done
- Work on Oct. Island Batik project √ done
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes. √ done
This week’s list:
- Web Scrappy Repro
- Work on the guild mystery quilt (I’m leading this challenge, so I can’t show you until the Mystery Sleuths have all the clues.)
- Start November IB challenge
- Tidy & clean studio for 30 minutes.
This is the final week of the Island Batik Blog Hop “It’s in the Bag.” I know that I have been thoroughly enjoying seeing every single bag. The fabric is awesome (of course, it’s Island Batik) and the bags are fantastic! All of the bag patterns are from byAnnie and she provided everything we needed to make the bags (except for the fabric).
Today’s blogs feature “Williams Garden” by Kathy Engle.The blogs to visit are:
Also visit Island Batik’s blog for your opportunity to win one of THREE Fat Quarter bundles of Peacock Galore or William’s Garden collections.
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- Sunday Stash @ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap @ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- 15 minutes to Stitch @ Life in Pieces
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making @ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday @ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- Main Crush Monday @ Cooking Up Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday @ Clever Chameleon Quilting