Plans for 2020
I don’t make resolutions … they never work for me. However, I do make PLANS. Plans can be changed … in my mind, resolutions are sort-of set in stone and unchangeable.
My plans for 2020 include:
- Obtaining my PHD in 2020 (obviously, eh?)
- Learn how to sew curves!!! I’ve signed up for a class in January! I want to master, or at least feel more comfortable sewing curves!
- Use up my stash!!! Dare I aim for using at least 100 yards? Can I avoid purchasing fabric??? Lofty plans … but I’ll try!
- Having a Baby Quilt Marathon on the blog … likely in July – but subject to change. And, same as last year, if participants want to work on specific projects and not baby quilts- that’s fine! All that is required is a concentrated effort to work on a project for 26 hours during the time from ?? date to ?? date. See HERE, HERE and HERE for some posts about the 2019 Baby Quilt Marathon.
- Have a Baby Quilt Sew-a-long … the EQ picture is done, just need to write out the pattern and figure out the details. This may happen during the marathon, I haven’t decided yet.
OK … OK … I know you’re wondering, why so many Baby Quilts? The quilt guild I belong to makes baby quilts for several different charities. I have TONS of fabric and it’s fun to make small quilts. Usually they are pretty quick to make. Occasionally, I practice a different free motion motif on them, sometimes it’s just straight stitching. Anything goes.
YES!!! I have completed my PHD in 2019!!!!
Emily, from The Darling Dogwood, also completed her PHD in 2019. YAY, Emily!!!
I haven’t heard from the others, so am not sure if anyone else has completed their PHD in 2019.
If you want to decrease your UFOs … and not make your UFO list any bigger, Join me for your PHD in 2020! Check out this blog post for details … and scroll WAY down for the linky party so that you can join in! You can join in on the PHD in 2020 until Jan. 14. Then on the 1st and 15th of each month, there will be a linky party for you to show your progress.
Frolic: Bonnie Hunter’s Mystery … Part 5 is done …. waiting for Part 6. If you want to join in the mystery … the links can be found HERE.
And, yes, I’m pretty pleased and surprised that I have completed each part before the next one arrives!
52 Blocks in 52 weeks
I’m all caught up! I thought I had 2 more blocks to go, but they announced that there will be a block 53 and 54. So, in reality, I have 4 more blocks to go. Once I make all the blocks, I will decide on the layout.
AGAIN: Nothing, absolutely nothing is being quilted at this time.
On Friday, I showed you a quilt that needed quilting. See HERE. Half way through the quilting, I had an “OH NO” moment!!! I had meant to put on a border. Did I put on a border? Nope! SEW … when I trimmed the quilt, I left 1 ¼” around the outside.
I cut a super wide binding (4 ½”), folded it in half (just like you would for binding) and sewed it onto the back.
Then, I turned it over and stitched the binding down and viola! I had a border AND binding – all in one! Sorry, the picture on the right was taken after the quilt was washed and you see all the crinkly coziness that comes from washing!
I’m linking up to Roseanne & Sue’s “TO DO” Tuesday. Their blog is “Home Sewn by Us.”
Last week’s list:
- Prep and Sew 2 blocks from 52 blocks in 52 weeks – week 49 & 50 √ done
- Maybe … work on one of the newly found UFOs … it’s Christmas and time with family will be more important than sewing this week! Worked on a Baby Quilt (above) and got it finished! It wasn’t on the “newly found UFO list,” it was fabric left-over from another quilt. This was started and finished in December. √ done
- Spend 30 minutes tidying up my messy bins. √ done
This week’s list:
- Make that new nighty I’ve been promising myself.
- 52 blocks in 52 weeks – Sew block 51
- Work on Secret Project #1
- Work on an UFO from the “newly found” list.
- Work on a UFO for PHD in 2020
The baby quilt above used my own fabric for the front and binding. The backing was from the guild. In total, I used 1.5 yards of fabric this week! AND 110 yards for the year!!! WooHoo!!!
- Fabric Used this week 1.5 yards
- Fabric Used this year: 180.35 yards
- Fabric Bought this week: 0 yards
- Fabric Added this year: 70.05
- Net Fabric used 110.3
- Husband’s Purchases 9.5
- January – Nov: 258 out of 292
- Dec: 28 out of 29
- Year-to-date: 279 out of 314 = 89%
For more Stitchin’ Time, you can check out Kate’s blog: Life in Pieces
One who sleeps under a quilt is covered by LOVE!
- Tish @ Tish’s Adventures in Wonderland
- So Scrappy Saturdays@ So Scrappy
- Sunday Stash@ quiltpaintcreate
- Oh Scrap@ Quilting is More Fun than Housework
- What I Made Monday @ Pretty Piney Quilts
- Monday Making@ Love, Laugh, Quilt
- Design Wall Monday@ Small Quilts and Doll Quilts
- To-Do Tuesday @ Home Sewn By Us
- Colour Inspiration Tuesday@ Clever Chameleon Quilting